-

Photo

Bob Hope 100th Birthday Tribute Collection?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,266 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 16 2003 - 04:44 AM

I was reading this story online about how they rededicated one of his stars in Hollywood. It mentioned the rededication coincided with the release by Universal Studios of the 12 dvd collection mentioned in the subject line.

I've done a couple of price searches and it doesn't show up any where. Anyone know about the availability of this set and its probable price range?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 05:21 AM

Entertainment Tonight reported this roughly the same way last night, and I was shaking my head and thinking that I had covered all this ground before.

Read up and down that thread I just linked you to, and you'll see that there is nothing "new" about these DVDs. They are re-promotions of the existing 13 releases, one of the releases being a box set encompassing 4 of the other releases.

That 4-disc "Road Show" box set is the item they are most pushing for this marketing campaign. But there are no new Bob Hope releases for his birthday.

Anyway, buying the existing releases gets you 17 of his films. Not bad, esp. at the new lower prices.

If you're a HUGE Bob Hope fan, there is also this item...but as you can tell from my review, it has its problems.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,266 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted April 16 2003 - 05:39 AM

I did a search on Bob Hope and didn't find this thread, guess I didn't try hard enough.

It sure seems like Universal is sowing the seeds for a lot of confusion. They're clearly stating there is one collection, but there isn't.

go figure.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,002 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 06:09 AM

I received screeners of all their titles. Some
You can read my review of some of them here:

http://hometheaterfo...iews/index.html

I should post this link in the ANNOUNCEMENTS
area since we are nearing his 100th birthday.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations