What's new

Making Hamburgers (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I saw this thing once on Martha Stewart living once and she was making these Hamburgers. It was a recipe from the Lobster Club in New York If I remember correctly. The special thing that did was freeze this butter that had herbs and spices in it. They rolled it into what is almost like a raw cookie dough roll that you buy at the store. Then they would place a small amount in the middle of the burger before cooking it. After it's cooked, it just looked amazing. I plan on doing this tomorrow but my question here is, does anyone have any recipes for burgers that they would be willing to share? I'm always dying to try new things and when I saw this it blew my mind!!
Thank you

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My preferred method is to mix some Lipton Onion Soup mix, along with some pepper, into the meat before grilling.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Curry burgers.

A pound of the leanest minced beef we can buy at the store.
1/4 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
HP "Brown Sauce" - this is a British variation on ketchup that's brown & is fruity flavoured.
A healthy amount of curry powder.
Lots of Worcestershire Sauce.
Tumeric.
Cumin.
Some mixed spices.

Delicious, if you like curry!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
All these work rather nicely in ground beef:

A-1 Steak Sauce
Your favorite BBQ Sauce
Worcheschire Sauce (No, I can't spell it. Why do you ask?)
Fresh miced garlic (or garlic salt if you must)
Mrs. Dash (herb flabor especially!)

It pays to experiment and find what you like.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
You yanks'll have to forgive the use of the metric system:

200 grams of ground beef
1 egg
1-2 dl ground peanuts (peanut butter may also do)
1 dl grated cheese
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Salt
Pepper
Oregano

--Anders

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing sez that a burger needs to be all beef. Try mixing ground beef with ground pork or ground lamb, 2 parts beef to 1 part pork / lamb. Mmm mmm.

Secret ingredient in my burgers is always beer.

Andrej

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Secret ingredient in my burgers is always beer.
How about Jack-Black Burgers (No, not the actor)...Fry up a burger with Jack Daniels and Black Peppercorns.

Also, there is a German Brewhouse next to my workplace where they serve burgers on a roll that is made of pretzel bread (with the salt on top). They are AMAZING on that bread!

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Greek Burgers

Mix Feta Cheese and kalamata olives in with your hamburger... I add some garlic too and salt and pepper to taste

O My they are so good... Its only 9am and Im starving now :D

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My preferred method is to mix some Lipton Onion Soup mix, along with some pepper, into the meat before grilling.
Scott, you must be an onion man. I love onions. My wife has mixed that Lipton Onion soup into burgers before, and they are delicious.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Paris Vendome, a French bistro across the street from one of our ‘art’ theaters in Dallas (The Magnolia) puts fois gras (and some oxtail, I think) in the center of their burger. Cooked rare to medium-rare, this is a treat—the more so with a glass of red wine right before a fine film.

At home, try this:

Use good quality ground beef, and form into 1–1 ½” thick patties. Heat a mixture of oil and butter in a sauté or frying pan to very hot and put in the burgers. Sear on one side and flip. Sear and reduce heat to moderate and continue cooking for about 2 minutes (you have to experiement as to how hot your pan is, how thick you made your burgers and how well you want them done), Flip once again and continue cooking for another couple of minutes at moderate.

Check with a knife to make sure that you have achieved the correct degree of rareness (or well-doneness) and remove to a warm platter. (Actually if you are experienced, you can just press down on the patty to see if it feels as though it is cooked properly).

Pour off a bit of fat if you think that there is too much. Add red wine and perhaps some Worcestershire sauce, raise the heat to high and boil (reduce) rapidly by about half, using a wooden spoon or similar, to scrape all the meat bits off the bottom of the pan and into the sauce. Then off the heat, but still in the frying pan add a couple of tablespoons of butter (the real thing) and swirl around until the butter is incorporated into the sauce. Pour over the burgers on the platter and serve.

Any kind of sides you like, but I think that a very easy option is shoestring potatoes. And perhaps a green vegetable or a green salad.

Add some young, red wine and you have a winner.

This is really easy.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I like to use ground sirloin. Form two three ounce patties. Make a depression in each patty. Put some blue cheese in the depression. Slap the two three ounce patties together (depressions facing each other of course). Form the two patties into one tasty patty with a surprise inside. Grill to medium on a hot grill.

ken thompson

Second Unit
I've done everyhting mentioned above for years but sometimes just plain ol' ground beef tastes best without all that stuff.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I totally forgot about my favorite burger! There was this deli that used to serve like 40 different burgers, most of them were a bit much like the "Breakfast Burger" that came with an egg and ham slice or the "Pizza Burger" with mozzarella and tom. sauce, but the best one I had was the "Reuben Burger"!

It was a burger with Sauerkraut, Swiss and Russian Dressing...I know it may sound gross, but it was AWESOME! Whenever we have cookouts I grab some of that sauerkraut (for the hot dogs) and throw it on my burger. Mmmm!

Todd_B

Second Unit

Simple. Get 2 dinner plates and some wax paper. Place the first plate upside down and then lay the wax paper over the ring that makes the base of the plate.

Place hamburger ball in center of the wax paper and lay the second pieceo of wax paper over the hamburger ball.

Last, press down on the ball w/the bottom of the second plate. Remove the plate and wax paper on top...

Violin!! Round patty :D

Expirement w/different size plates and different amounts of hamburger until you find a combination of the 2 that yields the patty of your dreams.

Todd B

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Stupid University. All I have right now is a couple a hotdogs, and a toaster oven; its going to have to do, but I could really go for a burger instead of studying...

I go home in three days, where I can finally use the BBQ. I don't think I can live any longer without a BBQ.

So do you guys BBQ all through the winter?

DavidAM

Second Unit
I usually mix chopped green onions and chopped fresh garlic into the meat along with lemon pepper and Tony's Chacerie seasoning and then when cooking I put feta cheese on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks