Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

David Gilmour in Concert...WOW!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_Z

Robert_Z

Screenwriter

• 1,017 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 03:01 PM

This is a great DVD. I listened to it tonight for the second time in a week. Very very good. I would still pick Roger Waters In the Flesh, but not by much.

The one thing the Gilmour DVD has over In the Flesh is that it sounds pleasing at lower volumes, whereas I have to crank up the Waters DVD to really enjoy it.

Both winners! Posted Image

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,336 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 04:27 PM

agreed. I was stunned at how crystal clear everything sounded, the very first time I popped the disc in. I don't think I've ever heard a DVD concert recording where guitars etc sounded so clear. perhaps the volume thing is because Gilmour's concert is almost a solo instrument with some backing, whereas Waters is a much bigger production music-wise? big productions need big volume to sound impressive, whereas a single instrument probably sounds better at a modest volume?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark C.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 12:56 AM

I really enjoy this concert. It's nice to see Gilmour moving from the "bigger is better'' mentality to "sweet and simple.'' Outstanding performance and very interesting mix of musical instruments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users