What's new

The New TNN soon to be The Old TNN (the network is changing its name) (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From Television Week (www.tvweek.com):
New Name for TNN: As part of a new branding strategy to draw more males viewers, TNN network president Albie Hecht announced in a conference call to reporters that TNN, The National Network, will be renamed Spike TV. The name change will take effect on-air Monday, June 16, and the network's new logo will be unveiled at the MTV Networks upfront presentation in New York City Tuesday, May 6.

"Today the first network for men has a name and it's Spike TV," Mr. Hecht said. "Spike TV captures the attributes and essence of what we want the first network for men to be. It's unapologetically male; it's active; it's smart and contemporary, with a personality that's aggressive and irreverent. It's a name we feel our audience will get and make a connection with. I like Spike! This is a first major step in our journey to super-serving men in a way no one has done before."

Mr. Hecht also announced the network's first slate of male-skewing programming, which includes partnerships with Men's Health magazine and CBS MarketWatch as well as a schedule of new series and specials geared to appeal to the wide range of men's entertainment interests.
I wonder if this'll bring the end to that dreaded "black bar" at the bottom of the screen that we all love so much.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"Today the first network for men has a name and it's Spike TV."

And I thought the name was ESPN. :)

/Mike

Joel C

Screenwriter
Wow! The Maxim Channel! FHM TV! The Stuff Network!

Let me program it out of my channel line-up right now.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Did this announcement give anybody else get an In Living Color men on film flashback? "I'm Blaine and this is Twan, and welcome to Men on Television......"

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
"...but don't worry, we'll still have that great old squish-o-vision feel that you've grown to love! How would you ever know what show you're watching without our helpful guidebar?"

:)

Ike

Screenwriter
Ugh....how come I have a feeling Men TV will be as perceptive about men as a Jay Leno joke.

"Don't you guys hate your wives? Stop nagging us already! And boy, don't you love that Pamela Anderson?"

Ugh, again.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Well, if it has a lot of Spike, I'd be interested. Buffy's ending, so James Marsters could host. Sadly, this probably isn't the case.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if they get rid of that horrible black bar their ratings would increase. I don't watch the channel because of that reason.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

Can't say I know alot of guys with that name. Sounds like it's more of a dog-oriented network. And yes, very hard to watch the channel with the black bar. Can't think of anything I watch there other than WWE Raw.

Chris

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Considering that the more female themed channel is Oxygen, I would think the male themed channel would be Methane.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
This IS a joke right? Spike? That is the most retarded name I have ever heard since PWC Consulting tried to change their name to Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks