What's new

Rohmer's Six Moral Tales set - English subtitles? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
The Amazon.fr site is showing that a DVD set of Rohmer's 'Six Moral Tales' is to be released in France in May. Does anyone know whether this set will include optional English subtitles? (I've tried asking Amazon, but just got a fatuous reply claiming that the set wasn't even in their catalogue!)

Jason*O

Grip
I clicked on the individual releases of the discs at Amazon.fr and it looks like they have a French audio track with no English subtitles. This is really to bad because I love these films and would like to have better dvd versions than the ones Fox Lorber inflicted upon us.

Jason
My Website

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
They are indeed likely not to have subtitles, but Amazon.fr website is just about the worst source of info in that regard.

Link Removed & dvdfr.com are a little bit better, but there is no %100 reliable source -- until cinestore has a shot of the back of the DVD box posted or someone reviews the disc.

I'll be getting this set in any event, but I don't pre-order, so it will be a while before I can report.

Ted

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I heard from a friend via e-mail: no English subtitles. I'll report on the transfer quality when my box arrives.

Ted

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the news Ted, even though it's not what I was hoping for! Guess the non-French speakers among us will just have to wait for Criterion to get around to doing these wonderful films properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks