What's new

AOL Sues Five 'Spam' Companies (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I bet AOL's sent out at least 1 billion unwanted CDs
LOL

I guess it's funny how we don't mind physical junk mail as much as junk email, but the physical junk mail only comes once a day, no Sundays and not on holidays. Imagine if the internet were that way :D

Also, at least the junk mail that comes to my house is for things that I might actually use...Email spam has never tempted me one bit.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I guess it's funny how we don't mind physical junk mail as much as junk email
Speak for yourself, the wasted resources that go into those stupid CDs along with how they must just pile up in the landfills makes me cringe when I think about it.

Spam is just annoying and avoidable.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Email spam has never tempted me one bit.
Well, I have to admit that the spam e-mail promising a 12-inch "member" did intrigue me a little bit, but in the end I decided that chopping off 3 inches was probably a bad idea! ;)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Speaking of unwanted snail mail...

I'm sure people have seen the Captial One No Hassel TV Ads - "What's in your wallet". They forgot to mention that until you DO get the card, they WILL hassel the shit out of you. I get 2 to 4 peices a mail from Capital One once a week! My name is in their database twice! With slightly different spellings for my address :angry:

NO HASSEL MY ASS!

Mike D.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Recently AOL made a big deal about their popup stopper. On average they have at least three of their own when I check AOL mail from work
And not only is that annoying, it's also pointless. If you're already checking your AOL mail, why would you need to sign up for AOL?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I ask that same question when my brother gets "join the navy" letters when he's been at sea for 6 months now

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Spam is just annoying and avoidable.
I agree. I hit the delete button and away it goes. Why do people get so bent out of shape about it? Sure, I'd like it to go away, but I don't understand the people that take the time to phone ISP's or hosting providers to complain. It takes much less time to hit the little 'x' in Outlook, no? :)

Physical spam is far more bothersome to me.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I don't use Outhouse or Outhouse Express
Best move anyone can do :emoji_thumbsup:, but spam still SUCKS no matter how you look at it. Just like tellemarketers, Why do I have to pay (for the service that blocks anonymous calls) for my privacy? These spammers should start paying me for all the time they wasted in my life :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks