Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust Concert DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   ShaunS

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 04:29 AM

Any reviews of the recent re-release of this live concert dvd? I have his "Best Of" DVD, and I'm a huge fan of this time period (I watched next to none of disc 2 of this set). Is the concert itself quality? How about the audio/video?

ShaunS

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Thomas Kolla

Thomas Kolla

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 06:26 AM

I agree about the "Best of Bowie" DVD. I find the early part of his career fascinating, and I have watched only the first disc several times. You can't beat Ziggy Stardust with an eyepatch singing "Rebel Rebel" on foreign TV. I am going to pick up the Ziggy concert film DVD soon, as I got rid of the old Image DVD. I'd love to see a review, and I hope the sound quality is improved greatly! I did pick up the new CD of the concert, and it sounds terrific.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 07:32 AM

I've heard excellent reviews of the new sound mix, but there wasn't much they could do with the picture (the stage was basically bathed in red light the whole show, so the film is basically black & red).
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd Robertson

Todd Robertson

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 07:39 AM

cool...had this in my hands today but ran out of cash after buying 6 dvds. I'll be getting it this week!
My DVD/Film Library
dvd folders under construction:wink:

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,260 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 10:37 AM

My review's written but not online yet. Suffice it to say that the audio's a VAST improvement over the old release. The picture also looks cleaner and tighter - no, it'll never look good, but it's a noticeable improvement...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com