What's new

Who else is excited about the Denon 2900? (1 Viewer)

After all of the mediocre reviews of the Pioneer, Integra/Onkyo and Marantz units, I am very excited for this unit to come out next month!!
Barry

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Expected In Stock - 5/15/2003
So, isn't that, like, next month?

Anyway, I am very excited about this unit too. I think this will be VERY big here at HTF, as it should be. It is a very nice looking player, and if it lives up to the specs, it should finally give most of us everything we want in one unit. I hope actual cost is more like 800.00, though.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Charles:

I am going to see what the guys with Gotapex (on our Deals Page) can come up with for these units.

Stay tuned.

Parker

MikeSRC

Second Unit
No, it doesn't. You can download the manual from denon.com and see it has a couple of zoom settings, but that's it.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Parker if you come up with a deal I am sooo there!!! I cant wait for this player! Ive held off buying every other "highly" recomended player for one reason or another. It was either something it couldnt do or a bug I couldnt live with. Now finally this may be the one I can invest in with no worries! It cant get here soon enough!:D

Luis S

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yes, I am very excited about this player. I am hoping for the "perfect" player. And if Parker can get some kind of group buy deal I am all over it.:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Who else is excited about the Denon 2900?
Not me. I just got a Denon DVD-3800 and love it, so I hope the '2900 is awful.

Just kidding! :p) Seriously, the '2900 looks to be a great piece.

Parker,

If you can pull off a group purchase on a Denon product, that would be rather impressive. I can't see Denon going for it, but I've been wrong before.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I typically don't get very excited over inanimate objects, but this has my interest. A universal player which does SACD bass-management in DSD and DVD-A BM in PCM sounds good to me.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
been out of the loop on this player....what are the features that make this player so hyped up? Also what chipset is it using for video? A quick rundown would be much appreciated thx.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jarrett, I haven't been following the '2900 too closely, except I know that Denon Jeff is claiming over on AVS Forum that Denon design engineers were given the freedom to build this player from the ground up in order to avoid problems that have plagued recent higher-end Denon players. Denon apparently pulled out all the stops given the price point. Do a search here for more information on the '2900, and check out AVS Forum too.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jarrett, one more thing. It's worth noting that Denon cut a few corners on the '2900 in order to lower the price relative to the '3800. It's been said by Denon Jeff that the build quality of the '2900 will not be quite as good as the '3800. Also, the '2900 will not include AL24 ProcessingPlus or HDCD decoding.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
thx i will hit up avs...have to read up anyway on the Bravo upscaling player so will do a little research thx.

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Here are the Denon DVD-2900 specs.....

DVD-2900
Progressive Scan DVD-Audio/Video Super Audio CD Player*•*Powered by the Silicon Image/DVDO PureProgressive (SiI504) Decoding Engine - highest quality progressive decoding engine available*•*PureProgressive decoding features high speed ultra-resolution DSP at 6 Billion Operations Per Second (6 GOPS)with 64Mb external SDRAM*•*4 fields (2 frames) digital video processing for optimum motion detection and compensation*•*Accurate 2:3 pulldown detection and reconstruction, even with inaccurately flagged content*•*Optimum processing for film content, video content, graphics content and mixed-mode content*•*12fps(Animation), Video overlay detection and processing*•*New 'Chroma Bug Free' Mitsubishi MPEG/DVD-Audio Decoder*•*Sony CXD-2753 Second Generation DSD Decoder*•*High resolution Analog Devices ADV-7300, 12 bit/108 MHz, 4:4:4, Video D/A Conversion system featuring Noise Shaped Video processing - interlaced and progressive output*•*4x Oversampling Progressive and 8x Interlace output *•*2X DVD read speed; 4X CD/CD-R/CD-RW read speed; with 8MB drive buffer memory*•*Built-in Dolby Digital, dts, DVD-Audio and discrete SACD decoders with 5.1 analog outputs*•*Custom Built to DENON Specifications - Burr-Brown 24-bit, 192-kHz DSD 1790 Audio DACs that decode PCM and DSD signals discretely with no down-conversion of DSD *•*Full Digital Bass Management for DVD-Audio, featuring Analog Devices Melody 32-bit processor; 80Hz crossover with 12dB high and 24dB low pass slopes; Adjustable delay time(0-15ms)and Channel Levels*•*Full Digital Bass Management for SACD; 80Hz crossover with 12/24dB slopes on all channels; Adjustable channel levels *•*MP3 Playback*•*Plays Audio/Video CDs; DVD-Audio/Video; Super Audio CD;DVD-R/RW(conditional); Audio CD-R; Audio CD-RW; MP3 CD-R; MP3 CD-RW*•*JPEG photo file viewer, Kodak Picture CD and Fujicolor CD compatible*•*24/96 digital output; optical and coaxial*•*4:3 Shrink and Zoom Controls*•*Pure Direct Modes to defeat unneeded portions of player for the ultimate in audio performance*•*2 box, 5 block internal layout to isolate analog, digital and video circuits*•*Wideband relay switched component video output*•*Variable Black Level (Setup): 0 and 7.5 IRE*•*Passes below-black (PLUGE) on progressive and interlace outputs*•*5 Picture Memories, with adjustable tint, brightness, contrast, sharpness and Gamma*•*SuperSub Alias Filter on Progressive and Interlace for Luminance and Chrominance signals*•*(2)Composite and (2)"S" outputs*•*SRS TruSurround *•*RS-232C and remote in/out ports*•*Glo-Key remote control*•*Dimensions: 17.1"w x 5.2"h x 13.0"d*•*Weight 17.6 lbs.

Looking pretty good! :D

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
I am also very excited about this player as I am still plodding along with the Sony DVP-S300 which is still going strong after all these years.

ERIC N! ZORK! Very cool. I hated that maze. I always keep my lamp on lest I be eaten by a grue!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.