What's new

Simpsons Season 3...August 26th (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
wow...

I'd like to have the whole series while dvd is still the format... :frowning:

I'm ready to say ***k the extras. A year in between is insane.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Fox also just announced a release date of April 1, 2014 for The Simpsons season 14, now on the HDHDVD format (high definition holographic DVD). :)

Craig_T

Second Unit
Didn't Season 2 come out in early or mid-August of 2002? That's over a year between seasons. The actual first run televised seasons themselves come out faster than this. They're actually losing ground now.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Wah wah wah. I guess they just shouldn't release it because of the SHAME of taking a year to get it all together. Or maybe they should skimp on the extras or quality. Or maybe they should all work 24/7 for the good of geekmanity. God knows noone around here has anything else to watch! :)

Let's just be happy we have Futurama and a release date for S3!

Haden

Supporting Actor
I doubt prep time has anything to do with it. I'm sure it's partially due to clearing music rights for certain episodes, and also to maximize sales on previous season releases before putting out the next set.

I bet it's mainly a music rights issue though.

Craig_T

Second Unit
Hell yea, the Simpsons release schedule is just fine with me! Even if it takes three years between releases it's all for the better. God knows the quality contol on these releases so far has been second to none. What a bunch of ungrateful crybabies. Just be happy you still have your health and are able to buy DVDs at all.

Signed,
A. Tool

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
So long as we have Futurama to tide us over, I don't mind the wait too much. But two per year would be nice Fox. Now if only someone would give us a Sequal to the Simpsons Arcade game to tide us over even further ;)..

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I'm ready to say ***k the extras. A year in between is insane."

The sad thing is that, other than the commentaties, there aren't that many valuable extra features.

Where is the deleted footage?
Where are the other Tracy Ullman shorts?
And when can we get a real doc on the creation of episodes, besides the under 10min featurette.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to owning this too. It'll be interesting to listen to the quality of the commentaries. One would think they be starting to run of things to say by this point. ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I still have faith that these season sets will pick up momentum in a few years...once Matt G. is done with the newest episodes.

I tape 4 episodes a day on my ReplayTV...that's enough to keep me happy until the DVD's come out. The commentary tracks are so great that I actually watch the shows on tv and think "I wonder what they'd say about THIS particular part" :D

I can't wait, but if I have to, I will.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'm willing to wait for the season sets if they are spending the time to produce extras. I do NOT want bare-bones releases. What would be the point of that, when this show has several episodes reran on tv every day in syndication. The DVD sets should be a definitive collection of the episodes, and therefore it's nice to get something EXTRA in addition to the episodes themselves. At least for these first few seasons, which are easily the best in the series. If they want to put a rush on seasons 10+ when the time comes, then so be it. By then, I doubt there will be much left to talk about in commentaries or documentaries

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks