What's new

Need help with some old 90's music (1 Viewer)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
This is probably just a shot in the dark, but I'm looking for the name of a group from around 92-93 I believe. All I can say is that it was 1 or 2 females singing that sounded a lot like Janis Joplin. It was something not played on mainstream radio, I heard it on the local college station. Thanks for any help.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, but they are not who I am thinking of. This group was more obscure.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
You're sure it's not 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up?"? The time is right, and they sure fit your description. Although mainstream radio played it, so did college radio. The only other remote possibility I can think of is Concrete Blonde.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help but the group i'm looking for is none mentioned so far. The only group I have to check out is TRagic Mulatto, never heard of them. As for this group, it really sounded like 2 females, the music was semi-fast rock with guitars. I'm also pretty certain they were never played on mainstream radio. Thanks.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Well, I used to listen to Throwing Muses around that time with Kristen Hersh and Tanya Donelly.

BTW, the name of this thread is hilarious - "some old 90's music." :laugh:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sass jordan.
most known song...

"you don't have to remaind me"

bonnie rait, Melissa Etheridge,Maria McKee, Victoria Williams.
Alannah Myles. she had one hit...Black Velvet.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Lots of good bands mentioned thus far but...

...Janis Joplin should be spinning in her grave at this point! :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It's really hard to come up with suggestions when all you can say is female singers, early 90s, janis joplin like. There were a LOT of angry women singers around then :)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, had a lot of work to finish but thanks for the suggestions. So far the only group I have never heard of is Tragic Mulatto. I've mentioned everything I know about this group i'm looking for...not much I know. By the way, i'm 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks