-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Only three years warranty on the 222es ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 anthony_b

anthony_b

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 10:04 AM

I just recieved my 222es SACD player and noticed on the U.S. warranty that it's only three years just like the Canadian one ?...I thought it was 5 years ?! Posted Image

I also noticed my unit has a born on date of Feb.2003, that's fairly new for a unit that is supposed to be discountinued already?...Is sony still building these ?
Think before you speak....Peace always

#2 of 4 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 10:55 AM

Anthony, for whatever reason, many Sony ES components sold in the US are erroneously packed with the Canadian three-year warranty card. You are covered for five years. All you need for a repair is the original receipt.

The 'C222ES is still in production. While the 'CE775 and 'C555ES were discontinued, Sony kept the 'C222ES on the product range.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#3 of 4 anthony_b

anthony_b

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 01:15 AM

Keith thanks....I had to check the sony website to verify the 5 years, and it does Posted Image
Think before you speak....Peace always

#4 of 4 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 11:11 PM

Anthony, no problem. I have received three-year warranty cards with many of my Sony ES components over the years.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza