Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Only three years warranty on the 222es ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 anthony_b

anthony_b

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 10:04 AM

I just recieved my 222es SACD player and noticed on the U.S. warranty that it's only three years just like the Canadian one ?...I thought it was 5 years ?! Posted Image

I also noticed my unit has a born on date of Feb.2003, that's fairly new for a unit that is supposed to be discountinued already?...Is sony still building these ?
Think before you speak....Peace always

#2 of 4 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 10:55 AM

Anthony, for whatever reason, many Sony ES components sold in the US are erroneously packed with the Canadian three-year warranty card. You are covered for five years. All you need for a repair is the original receipt.

The 'C222ES is still in production. While the 'CE775 and 'C555ES were discontinued, Sony kept the 'C222ES on the product range.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza

#3 of 4 anthony_b

anthony_b

Screenwriter

• 1,074 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 01:15 AM

Keith thanks....I had to check the sony website to verify the 5 years, and it does Posted Image
Think before you speak....Peace always

#4 of 4 KeithH

KeithH

Lead Actor

• 9,427 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 11:11 PM

Anthony, no problem. I have received three-year warranty cards with many of my Sony ES components over the years.
My:
Main Stereo and HT Systems ;
Second Stereo System ;
Equipment List ; DVDs, SACDs, and more ;
Planned Upgrades and Additions "You know, the tomato never took off as a handfruit."- George Costanza