-

Photo
- - - - -

Where to buy AVM20?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tony_Kot

Tony_Kot

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 07:09 AM

I need your advice guys - where to find a good deal on Anthem AVM20. I tried a couple of places, but they all give me $3300 price range. I've seen some people got the unit for around $3000 or even less. Can you share where can I find a good deal like that?

Thanks

PS. Also, is it true that Anthem warranty is not transferable, which means I shouldn't buy it used since I will be out of warranty? Or it's not true?

Tony

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Tony_Kot

Tony_Kot

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 07:16 AM

Forgot to mention - im in Los Angeles, CA area. I thought maybe to buy it from out of state dealer to avoid sales tax, but it seems that Anthem prohibit dealers from selling their product out of their geographic area... Is this in fact the case?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   JimmyK

JimmyK

Second Unit

• 468 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 08:37 AM

It is my understanding Anthem requires you buy from an authorized dealer. I don't believe they allow them to ship to other state, either.

I did a search on Anthems site using various zip codes for cities within a reasonable driving distance and found several dealers. I then called each dealer and asked for their best cash price.

Some dealers would not quote prices by phone, some would only quote full retail, saying that I would need to come in for a better quote. I did find a dealer about 100 miles away that quoted me $2899.00 (cash deal).. I took this information to a dealer much closer and he matched that price for me providing I would pay cash.

I was not willing to risk having no warranty on such an expensive and complicated item which is why I went through all the trouble to find an authorized dealer.

You might try doing a zip code search for other cities within driving distance and see if you can get a better price.

JimmyK

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Chas_T

Chas_T

Supporting Actor

• 758 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
PS. Also, is it true that Anthem warranty is not transferable, which means I shouldn't buy it used since I will be out of warranty? Or it's not true?

This is correct. Anthem's warranties are NOT transferable. If you buy a used piece of equipment private and NOT from an authorized dealer. NO warranty.

IF you buy a used AVM-20 from an authorized dealer, I think the warranty is transferable.

Charles