What's new

Ghost Recon Tournament-Tonights matchups (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Tournament is this monday the 21st at 9 PM EST

1-You guys pick the map you want to do each round. But i suggest smaller maps
2-Please use the default game settings and soldiers. No unlocked stuff
3-No enemy locators allowed
4-No SPAWN hunting-do not stand in the other teams spawn point
5-If you have any questions let me know

Matchups

Round 1
CaptDS9E
High Priest
vs
Nightwing
Clan of One

Bairdy
Poison Jam
vs
MrDarthVader
Robot Monkey

Round II
CaptDS9E
High Priest
vs
Bairdy
Poison Jam

Nightwing
Clan of One
vs
Mr DarthVader
Robot Monkey

Round III
CaptDS9E
High Priest
vs
MrDarthVader
Robot Monkey

Nightwing
Clan of One
vs
Bairdy
Poison Jam

At the end of three rounds the team with the best two records faces each other in the final. If there is a tie total kills will be the tie breaker so keep track of them

capt

JayV

Supporting Actor
So it's Team Last Man Standing? Ten minute limit?

And can Brian or Poison host? My connection is usually too slow, and I haven't heard from Mike yet (MMM).

-j

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I don't have a great connection either, but I may be able to hold four okay. If Brian and triple-M are in the same boat then we can try mine.

Joey, in the interest of those without speedy connections, how about banning explosives?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
My upspeed isn't great, so I'd rather not host... And I'd definitely be fine with banning explosives.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
definately not fine with banning explosives

Banning explosives is for wimps and communists :)

I want my grenade launcher, it's part of how I play damnit :)

That punk Romier said he'd try to rent a copy and play. Worse comes to worse I bet we can get him to donate his FatPipe

JayV

Supporting Actor
Is it too late to enter?
I would say 'no' (the more the merrier), but Joey's organizing this hoe-down.

I'll put in a vote for explosives as well. And I wouldn't mind unlockables, either.

I have to try to get on this evening so my first game in months isn't the actual tournament!

-j

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Well aside from explosives being the MadCat of Ghost Recon (:D), the reason I ask is not to cut down on cheesiness, but because some servers just might not be able to handle them and I think it's important that we remain consistent from game to game.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
are explosives making you intangible for half the game? Nope ;)

I don't know why they'd be any different than any other weapon.....

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I'm not sure I understand your question, Jeff?

Explosives do put a big load on the server, and that's something that affects those of us with limited upload speed. Okay, put it this way--any game that I host I am going to restrict kits to no explosives out of necessity. When I host it's either play a fairly smooth game without grenades, or a choppy lagfest with them.

That being the case, the decision can be made on a tournament level to either carry that kit restriction across all matches to be consistent, or not. Doesn't matter to me as I don't use them.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
are explosives making you intangible for half the game? Nope

I don't know why they'd be any different than any other weapon.....
Jeff, whenever an explosive weapon is fired, it overloads the network connection. If you've a superfast connection, you're fine, but on lower speeds, it causes tons & tons of lag to any player in the area of the weapon effect.

Remember that grenade fragfest we had last week? It was a complete lagfest for me. I couldn't even fire my own grenades correctly because of the lag.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
FIRST- Tonight the tournament is going to start 45 minutes later at 9:45 instead of 9:00. so if you want use the time to practice

I forgot tonight is the Islanders playoff game and my friend got some tickets so im going there. Game is over at 9:30 but i live not too far so ill be home in time

Rob if you can get a teammate you can sign up. Ill just add a extra round into the play. Let me know so i can re-arrange the game schedule.

capt

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh damn it all to hell, it appears my wife has invited some of her friends to dinner to see the new baby tonight. How she could fail to check my Xbox Live schedule escapes me (:)) but it appears my Xboxing will be curtailed this evening. I may be able to get on by 9:45, but just to be safe why don't you take my spot, Rob? You would be teamed up with "Deadeye" Bairdy, so you have to like your chances.

It appears all my explosive-related whining was for naught.

Sorry, guys, I really am. I was looking forward to this. :angry:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hey guys i hate to do this but the tournament is postponed . At the moment im at the isles game using my friends wireless internet thingy to send this. I dont think ill be home by 9:45. We parked very close to the stadium and it will probably take a hour just to get out. We usually park near the exit but everyone else was smart and arrived early :)

capt

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Fine by me ;) Though I'm still stuck in work... The joys of E3... But I *should* be home in time for a game. [added] I'm off home in 15, so I'll definitely be on.

Rob, if you're online before 9:45pm, send me an invite & we can do some practice rounds in.

Anyone have any suggestions on suitable maps?

JayV

Supporting Actor
Oi, I just got in.

Since I haven't played in ages, I up for GR with anyone.

Anyone?

-j

JayV

Supporting Actor
I forgot how much fun GR is with you folks.

My guy didn't show (and the tourney is on hold apparently) so I'm off to play catch with my pup.

-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Guys the tourney will be on next monday. Im glad i cancelled it in time because the game last night disnt end till 10:30. Double OT

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks