What's new

Mitsubishi- "Is it a good HT purchase" (1 Viewer)

I wanted to know if anyone out there in HT Land has any viewing experience with a Mitsubishi WS. Particualrly the 73", and I also want to know who has the lowest price.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I own a Mits Diamond 55" WS and like it a lot. I've seen the 73" at my local dealer and liked it as well. They definitely need to be ISF calibrated to look their best.

I would recommend looking for the best deal locally rather than trying to order one. Not only will shipping bring the price close to what you'd pay locally but if something goes wrong, having someone local for help and repairs is a good thing.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I'm certainly hoping they're good, as I just purchased a 48-511 last week (having it delivered May :frowning:). As for lowest price I agree with Alex that the best online prices seemed to coincide with high shipping costs, though I'm sure there are exceptions. I'd suggest trying what I did.

I managed to get GoodGuys to price match fry's while GG was offering free shipping and setup (plus 0% financing). Altogether I combined 3 deals in one, with their price matching policies. For me it paid to shop around for a couple weeks to find that deal. Good luck.:)

greg_t

Screenwriter
I just bought a pioneer Elite, but the Diamond would have been my next choice. They are great sets but require a good deal of tweaking and an ISF to really get the most out of them. From what I understand, the line doublers are not very good. I'm a little bit leary about the 73". From what I've read, the 73" uses the same guns as the smaller models and it really stretches the limits of the guns. I'm not a mits expert and could be wrong on this, but I would definitly look into what guns the 73" uses before just getting one.

Alan M

Second Unit
my friend owns the mits 73.When we were looking at this set,we were told that the 73 uses 8 inch guns rather then the standard 7 inch guns.Whether the salesmen told us the truth or not,im not sure,but after calibrating it w/avia,it does look very good.
Btw,its the diamond model,and it does have a better picture on sd then my tosh,although i think my hd picture is superior.
good luck and happy shopping.

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator
I have the WS-65909, and I couldn't be happier with it. I just wish there was more HDTV programming in my area! DVDs are incredible looking with a progressive scan player. I have a 16x28x8 Theater Room, and the 65" fits very well in there. I bought the TV in October '02 from Magnolia HiFi, because it was on close-out. I think it listed for $6500, and I paid $4000. I am pretty sure there is one in your area - I think it's even their corporate office. Buy the extended warranty online, not from the dealer. It will save you $250 alone! I went with a GE in-home warranty. It's good for another 4 years after the 1 year factory warranty expires.

Alan M

Second Unit
Steve,your correct,it was 9 inch guns on the 73.Just called my friend who owns the 73,and he confirmed it.
Thanks for the correction.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks