Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does anybody know about direct tv?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 08:03 PM

I want a HD satelite receiver. Is there an easy way to get a good deal on one from direct tv. Whats the best deal anybody has seen on one? The cheapest I've seen is about $400. Is it even worth it to get one this early or wait or will they be be better in the near future? Thanks

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,051 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted April 14 2003 - 12:29 AM

You missed Best Buy's sale last week. 50% off all open box DirecTV receivers. Hughes E-86s were going for around $220 and the newer Samsung model was around $260. Don't worry about getting an open box receiver either. Most people buy them expecting them to be plug and play. If you know what you're doing (most don't) you can set one up in ten minutes. People get frustrated and bring them back.

-Robert

#3 of 5 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 05:00 AM

Darn! Wish I knew about the sale...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#4 of 5 David Preston

David Preston

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted April 15 2003 - 08:36 PM

I hope they have another one soon.

#5 of 5 RobertSing

RobertSing

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 03:33 AM

I've heard of people calling DTV and threatening to cancel, then getting credits on their account to offset the high cost of the box. $150 - $250 depending on who you talk to.