Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Six Feet Under 4/13/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 02:00 PM

I'm still on the fence about this season. While all the elements are there from what we've seen in previous seasons it just feels like the whole thing is off. This episode had the Return of the Chenoworth clan but it all felt like filler, like they are dragging things along untill the inevitable last episode of this year. looks like Lisa might get all Psycho on us soon. I still think the Apprentice is the best thing so far this year. Ruth's relationship with him is great. On the other hand previous intersting character are becoming more and more Dill.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 02:06 PM

I've been on the fence also, but I am so relating to Nate's situation.
And Keith's....gawd, what do I know from Jeanne Tripplehorn. Posted Image

OK, I looked her up and I've seen exactly one of her movies.
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 04:55 PM

Still enjoying this season. After the previews for next week I think the inevitable Lisa/Brenda blow up will happen soon.

I was laughing my ass off at how the intern was running. So funny because that's how some people actually run every day.

I'm really looking forward to this Nate Lisa thing. I think she will end up leaving him.

When he was showing her his scar, I started thinking it might not be there, to say the operation didn't happen or something, who knows. That's the only time this season I've thought about that whole plot.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 05:00 PM

I haven't kept up, watched all three previous episodes on Fri and Sat, and then this episode tonight. I don't understand why people have been so negative, I think this season is coming along just fine. The camping trip for example was great.

This episode was good too, with the party and the interaction between Ruth and the intern the high points. He's a great character, played by a good actor.

Nate's situation is really interesting too, and Claire finally has some kind of normal relationship. Posted Image

/Mike
/Mike

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 06:07 PM

I'm enjoying the season as well, it just doesn't have the anticipation factor that 24 usually has or that ED had these past few weeks.

That intern is just great. I died laughing when Ruth had that vision of the intern blowing up on her.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#6 of 12 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,889 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 02:00 AM

Finally a decent episode featuring a good amount of Brenda. The chemistry between Nate and Brenda can't be denied.

I about busted a gut at Ruth's guilty daydream about Arthur reading her the riot act on spying on him.

Hey, David, Austin Powers called and wants his bladder back. Yeesh!

Anyone else think Russell shoplifted that tube of cobalt blue for Claire?

Lisa needs to sent away, she's a total paranoid downer. I would not have left Mya with Vanessa either.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Mark Turetsky

Mark Turetsky

Supporting Actor

• 832 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 03:12 AM

Quote:
Hey, David, Austin Powers called and wants his bladder back. Yeesh!

Maybe this is forshadowing of some kind of bladder disorder, like Nate's brain tumor in the first season, only funnier.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 05:03 AM

Quote:
Lisa needs to sent away, she's a total paranoid downer.

Amen! It's hard to feel any sympathy for a crazy paranoid biatch.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Jehan

Jehan

Supporting Actor

• 553 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 06:20 AM

I agree with others on this being probably the best episode of the season. I was getting a little jaded with the progress but this episode hinted at things of old - with Brenda getting more screen time, quirkier writing and a bunch of good laughs. The intern cracks me up, I wonder where they intend to take that story arc Posted Image. Also, it's interesting to see if they act on David's prediction that Russell is gay - I have a feeling it may involve the art teacher, but for now all is well in paradise.
Home Theater • 2004 Film List • 2003 Film List • 2002 Film List • 2001 Film List

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Screenwriter

• 1,393 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 09:06 AM

I agree with some that the show feels more complete with Brenda, and her brother is an interesting character also.

I'm enjoying Ruth this year, but Claire & David are kind of boring me for some reason.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted April 14 2003 - 03:15 PM

I wasn't able to watch or tape last night's episode on HBO, so I watched it tonight on HBO2. I realized in the middle of the episode that it is not in widescreen for this showing.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike X

Mike X

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted April 16 2003 - 01:55 AM

I really like this episode, and considered it the best this season. I did cringe, however, at the scene in which Ruth comes out from behind the tree, donning hat and sunglasses, spying on the intern. I could almost hear the faint sound of a cheesy laugh track like out of some Golden Girls rerun. The dream sequence where the intern laid into her made up for that, however. Overall, they are setting us up for a whopper of a second half season. Is Keith really gay? How will the Brenda/Lisa/Nate triangle progress? Ditto on Claire/art teacher/Russell. Add the quirkiness of the intern and we have some drama here folks!

Forum Nav Content I Follow