What's new

Six Feet Under 4/13/03 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm still on the fence about this season. While all the elements are there from what we've seen in previous seasons it just feels like the whole thing is off. This episode had the Return of the Chenoworth clan but it all felt like filler, like they are dragging things along untill the inevitable last episode of this year. looks like Lisa might get all Psycho on us soon. I still think the Apprentice is the best thing so far this year. Ruth's relationship with him is great. On the other hand previous intersting character are becoming more and more Dill.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I've been on the fence also, but I am so relating to Nate's situation.
And Keith's....gawd, what do I know from Jeanne Tripplehorn. ;)

OK, I looked her up and I've seen exactly one of her movies.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Still enjoying this season. After the previews for next week I think the inevitable Lisa/Brenda blow up will happen soon.

I was laughing my ass off at how the intern was running. So funny because that's how some people actually run every day.

I'm really looking forward to this Nate Lisa thing. I think she will end up leaving him.

When he was showing her his scar, I started thinking it might not be there, to say the operation didn't happen or something, who knows. That's the only time this season I've thought about that whole plot.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I haven't kept up, watched all three previous episodes on Fri and Sat, and then this episode tonight. I don't understand why people have been so negative, I think this season is coming along just fine. The camping trip for example was great.

This episode was good too, with the party and the interaction between Ruth and the intern the high points. He's a great character, played by a good actor.

Nate's situation is really interesting too, and Claire finally has some kind of normal relationship. :)

/Mike

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I'm enjoying the season as well, it just doesn't have the anticipation factor that 24 usually has or that ED had these past few weeks.

That intern is just great. I died laughing when Ruth had that vision of the intern blowing up on her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally a decent episode featuring a good amount of Brenda. The chemistry between Nate and Brenda can't be denied.

I about busted a gut at Ruth's guilty daydream about Arthur reading her the riot act on spying on him.

Hey, David, Austin Powers called and wants his bladder back. Yeesh!

Anyone else think Russell shoplifted that tube of cobalt blue for Claire?

Lisa needs to sent away, she's a total paranoid downer. I would not have left Mya with Vanessa either.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I agree with others on this being probably the best episode of the season. I was getting a little jaded with the progress but this episode hinted at things of old - with Brenda getting more screen time, quirkier writing and a bunch of good laughs. The intern cracks me up, I wonder where they intend to take that story arc :). Also, it's interesting to see if they act on David's prediction that Russell is gay - I have a feeling it may involve the art teacher, but for now all is well in paradise.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I agree with some that the show feels more complete with Brenda, and her brother is an interesting character also.

I'm enjoying Ruth this year, but Claire & David are kind of boring me for some reason.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't able to watch or tape last night's episode on HBO, so I watched it tonight on HBO2. I realized in the middle of the episode that it is not in widescreen for this showing.

Mike X

Stunt Coordinator
I really like this episode, and considered it the best this season. I did cringe, however, at the scene in which Ruth comes out from behind the tree, donning hat and sunglasses, spying on the intern. I could almost hear the faint sound of a cheesy laugh track like out of some Golden Girls rerun. The dream sequence where the intern laid into her made up for that, however. Overall, they are setting us up for a whopper of a second half season. Is Keith really gay? How will the Brenda/Lisa/Nate triangle progress? Ditto on Claire/art teacher/Russell. Add the quirkiness of the intern and we have some drama here folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks