What's new

Casablanca remake- you will not BELIEVE who's starring (1 Viewer)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez.

That's right. Everyone'll be getting on the damn plane.

This had better just be a rumor (news just in from darkhorizons).

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
Only if the re-write calls for the Nazis killing everyone at the end. I am sooooo tired of those two being jammed down my throat! :angry:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Could it be worse than the Charles Bronson remake/rip-off "Caboblanco"?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Oh my god, all you snobs... so what if it's for real, so what if there's another remake, I'm so tired of this advanced hate and bashing of any remake. Sure it'll probably suck and putting those 2 is very cheesy but no one is making you watch it or "jamming" it down your throat. There are plenty of TV shows and movies for everyone of any kind.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well I know that Sony is furious with someone that they gave a pre-screening too with Jlo and Afflecks upcomming movie. The person said it was probably the worst movie ever to be allowed to theaters. Horrible script he said.

Put me down as someone who will not see this remake.

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
This can also be a good thing if the movie does end up being awdful, than we can be sure we won't be seeing anymore Ben Afflick and Jennifer Lopez movies again.

-Mike

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
They already remade Casablanca. They called it Barb Wire :)
And don't forget Hot Shots! Part Deux :D

I checked Dark Horizons. Now they're saying that Jennifer Lopez's sister has denied the rumors about the remake. Let's hope it rests there.

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Part of me is elated by this. We can't always have great movies, so let's at least throw catastrophically ill-conceived flicks in every now and then. Lopez and Affleck are already renown for their Hubris. Thinking a couple of nights of hot (but retrospectively gross) sex makes one worthy to remake Casafuckingblanka is one of the most hysterical delusions I can think of. Their high school yearbook romance hitting these...depths, I swear to God, the best part will be Kevin Smith being the signature apologist for this picture.

Affleck is already out of his elment when taking sloppy seconds from Ford. Imgaine him tryinmg to fill Bogart's shoes. Just imagine. It'd be a crippling faliure even if he tried to approach it with irony.

This film, in many ways, is a good idea. Because all one has to do is look at the imdb to see and gather conclusive proof on who is a witless douchbag. Can you imagine having "Casablanca: The Bennifer Version" on your cv? (Sadly, I don't think Christopher Walker would say no. The man's more wasted then a pizza crust. More stoned then Mary Magdalyn on payday)

As was mentioned earlier, if you hate Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, this could be the greatest thing that ever happened to you.

Like it would really happen.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
So, will this be set in Nazi occupied Casablanca or will it be a revamped modernized version?

Actually, as soon as I saw the title I thought George Clooney who in my opinion, could pull it off.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
I feel remakes should only happen if those making them have something new to offer. If the script offers a new take on this classic story and the director sets out to distinguish his film from the original then I'm all for it. Ben and Jen are quality actors and given the right material they can shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks