What's new

Anyone ever build their own Arcade Cabinet? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
OK folks, I found the key to my sleepwalking problem, and it's my old Arcade Machine cabinet! Blocks the closed door like a charm and won't let me open it without waking me up first ;).

However, it got me thinking that I'd like to try and build my own cabinet and upgrade from a 2 player to a 4 player. I already have all the equipment needed. I'd just have to do a little soldering, wiring, transplanting, and construction.

For someone who's never tried to do this before, is there a step by step instruction booklet that can help you build your own to the spec of say, a Simpsons Jamma Cabinet? Also, for others who have tried this for the first time, how long did it take to complete?

thanks!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The best resource for this kind of thing has got to be BYOAC - Build Your Own Arcade Controls. They have a huge amount of information on replicating the arcade experience and a /great/ forum. It's primarily aimed at MAME style replicas, but the info is applicable to both emulation & genuine arcade parts.

It's a super site.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
yeah I am currently looking at building a set of arcade-a-like controls for my pc and will be using that site a fair bit when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks