Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

I have a problem viewing one DVD on my Toshiba portable DVD player..please help...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Josh Wolfman

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 12:36 AM

I was on the plane yesterday (I am in Florida for the week) and I tried to watch Donnie Brasco with my wife. When I put the DVD into the Toshiba SDP-2000, the screen said it was unauthorized. All my other DVD's play fine. I think this is a coding issue- on the back of the Donnie DVD there is a logo with the number 1 in the middle of it. The screen also said to consult my manual (which is in Ct). Can anyone tell me how I can rectify this problem OR can someone tell me where I can search an online version of the Toshiba DVD manual? Thanks in advance.
Theater One- Sonus Faber Grand Piano, Solo, Concertino, Aragon 8008x3, Marantz MA-500 (3- 1 in box, 2 being used to pwer rears), Carver TFM-35 (in box), B&K preamp/processor 3090, Sony DVDNC655p/B, Pioneer LD Player, Velodyne Servo F1200, Sony 36XBR800

Theater Two- Kef Q50,Q10,Q90, Sony DA4ES,...

#2 of 2 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 02:30 AM

Region 1 includes North America and Canada; I doubt that's the problem. If it's a new disc you haven't tried before, it's probably a flaw in the disc. If it's a disc that plays fine in other players, it's probably a flaw in the player (or an incompatibility between that particular disc and the player).

I'm moving this to the Software forum.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists