What's new

programable remote question. (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I have the sony rm-VL1000. It is learnable. I have all my components programed. I have a ceiling fan that has a remote control. I can't figure out how to program my sony to work my ceiling fan. The remote for the fan does not have a sensor on the front of it. It's just solid plastic has anybody got any suggestions? Thanks

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
David: It sure looks like the fan's remote setup is radio frequency (rf) controlled instead of infrared (ir.) If that's the case, you need a remote that supports rf along with ir. A rare beast!

I have no rf needs so I have not explored what models can do it. It might be worth your while to ask what rf models are available in a separate thread...

Brad Gable

Grip
Hi David,

What brand of remote is it? I have a ceiling fan that has an RF remote and a RAV-2000 remote that only supports IR. I was able to make this work by creating an IR2RF converter with the help of Dave Houston. You can get more details on this at www.remotecentral.com in the X10 automation forum or www.laser.com/dhouston

Going this route was certainly cheaper than buying a new remote.

Hope this helps.
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks