What's new

Anybody play Sega GT 2002? (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I just got my xbox and Sega Gt 2002 came with it. I just started to play it. Does anyone kmow if there is a way to get the stuff(tach,map,speedometer,and track times) off of the screen. I'm worried about burn in especially with the tachometer. Should I worry about burn in my 57" hd rptv. Thanks. David

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I would think as long as your tv is properly calibrated and you don't leave the screen on for hours at a time, you should be ok.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
Make sure your contrast is set appropriatly and you'll be fine. I've played for hours on end sega gt and gran turismo as well as any other game. Never had any problems on my 46" mits.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
So I'm guessing there is no way to turn the info off. I would feel much better. On GT3 there is a way. What do you have your contrast set at I have mine at 40. Thanks

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I think you can turn them off, I remember doing so back when I had Sega Gt. Do you have your manual?

Try checking in the options, or they also might have the function mapped to the D-pad or the black and white buttons.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
James I beleive I looked all through the manual I could have overlooked it. If you can remember when your playing let me know e-mail or something. It would be greatly apreciated. David

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
My contrast is set at probably 35-40% whatever it came up with from running the Avia disc. I've played for 3-4 hrs at a time but usually the changing of races and menus would be more than enough to keep the display alright. It takes a lot to burn in a big screen these days. I would be more worried playing something like GT3 at least for endurance races. Sega gt doesn't have anything that is that long.

Dan B

Screenwriter
No you can't turn them off. That's a pet peeve of mine, too. Not because of burn-in concerns, but I just don't like all of that crap on the screen when I'm playing a racing game. It's so simple to make this option, but almost nobody does it on console games. :thumbsdown:

-Dan B.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Hey guys, off the burn in topic, I just got a Xbox last night and have some SGT 2K2 questions. I am looking for a good track car. Last night I focused on drag racing a lot and got to a point where I can basically win 3 out of the 4 races at will, so I can build money pretty quickly if I am willing to put up wit the monotinay of drag racing. Any way. I only have one car right now (that I won drag racing) a classic Dodge Charger, and its a horrible track car. I need a recommendation for something that just handles like MAD and is somewhat affordable (under $35,000 say).

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Charles,

The Lotus Elise is a great car for this game, IMHO. Especially after suspension and weight reduction. The Exige version is even better, but costs more out the door. Either will take you into the second season.

Martin.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I had a lot of fun with the 3rd gen rx7. With only handling mods and no HP adders it was a very fun car to drive. Although you get to a point where the car can't compete anymore because everything else is so much faster. Then you have to add hp upgrades. Thats probably the one thing I don't like about this game. The fact it doesn't stress racing as much as it does overpowering. The other car thats fun is the 240z racing edition you win. I can't remember exactly where you win it but the car handles amazingly well. Those are probably my favorite 2 cars so far in the game.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Yeah, I'll second the 240 racing edition, Charles, but you can also buy a 240Z/240ZG/Z432R for cheap & they fix up very nicely and are nice driving cars. One of the first cars I bought was a Toyota Celica 1600GT which goes for $8750 & is a pretty good car if you want to buy something really inexpensive.

As for more medium-priced cars, I can't remember at the moment. I do know that once you can afford an Acura NSX, you should pick one of those up. They are sweet as hell to drive!

PS I just got Pro Race Driver today & I got #1 driver ranking in World Racing, too.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well, I'm now hopelessly addicted to Pro Race Driver. BTW, you can turn off all of the on-screen displays in PRD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I bought the 72 lotus after reading one of the online car faqs. It got an A+ in handling, which I agree with, and I've got every mod thats unlocked, and I'm pulling 10.x or less quarters, which means I can pretty much win at the drag strip at will. I just earned my B license last night. This is a fun game. I've gotten a few cars in the garage that I havent even driven :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks