What's new

Burnout 2 is awesome (GCN) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Anybody that has a Gamecube must play Burnout 2. It is the most fun I've had with a racing game in a long time. I only bought it to tide me over until the xbox version comes out, then I will trade it in. It is so fast and furious, and the crashes are awesome. You all must play this game! :emoji_thumbsup:

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
sup peeps ...i got this game the day it came out..... ditto on what you said..... but im keeping this one and not getting the xbox one.....

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Doing the same as you, Paul. The custom soundtrack and 16:9 support will force me over to the Xbox version, and the GC version will go. Getting this game Monday, I've been tracking its Fed Ex progress. :)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I've got a little info for you all. I have owned the PS2 version of Burnout 2 since it's release last year and i'm a huge fan of the game. I think it may be the best arcade racer ever!

However, I picked up the Gamecube version on Friday and was a little dissapointed with it. Overall it's a good port but DOES NOT look as good as the PS2 version. Yes, I tested them side by side and the lighting and textures are not as good on the Cube version. I think they just hurried the Cube version and didn't take the time to get everything just right. That also helps explain the $40 price tag. They knew they were shipping a flawed product. Not to mention one annoying issue they failed to correct: there is something wrong with this game's aspect ratio. It's as if the game is in between 4:3 and 16:9. It's the weirdest thing but I have the game set on 4:3 and after close inspection I thought something wasn't exactly right. Sure enough, popped in the PS2 version and flipped back and forth between the Cube version running on video 3 and the PS2 version running on video 1. The Cube version clearly has a vertical stretched appearance to it. Everything is just a little off. If you just look at the speedometer in the right hand bottom of the screen you'll notice it's not a perfect circle. :frowning: What a joke! I'm returning this version and picking up the Xbox version. I don't accept stupid flaws like that in a game. They clearly didn't take the time with the Cube port of this game. The graphics are a notch below the PS2 version and the ratio flaw is just pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Dan.B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks