What's new

What DVD's can push my surround sound system to the limit?? (1 Viewer)

kurt_fire

Stunt Coordinator
i've recently purchased a surround sound system, and I know that the Gladiator DVD sounds wonderful...what are some other A+ DVD's that offer the top-notch in sound. thanks guys

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
All discussion about DVD's should be posted in Home Theater Software. This is the place for discussion on the actual movies themselves, not the discs. :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The Haunting in DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 will pound the hell out of your system. It might excise a few demons too! :D

Toy Story 2 is good for heavy surround usage.

Another has got to be The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Cut in DTS-ES Discrete 6.1

While the story is pure drivel IMHO, I found the DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 track on Blade 2 to be quite exciting.

There are others, but those are some of the big ones.

Dan

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You want a movie that tests your surround? Try U-571 using the DTS track. If you crank the sound up on this movie, I can guarantee that it will pretty well test the limit. If the depth charge attack isn't causing the walls and floor to rattle......something is wrong. The movie tests your intelligence at the same time.....and I don't mean in a good way.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones
Saving Private Ryan
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring Extended
Superman The Movie
Minority Report
Jurassic Park

Lin Weiwen

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm.....I would single out LOTR: FOTR Ext Cut in DTS ES 6.1, Star Wars Ep 1 and 2, Saving Private Ryan, Superman, Cast Away DTS and....Das Boot (Superbit) which I just finished watching this evening;its DTS track is splendid!!!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Matrix
Both Star Wars movies
Minority Report (some amazing bass scenes)
Terminator 2
LOTR: EE

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Here's one I can recommend to show off your surround sound system: Atlantis: The Lost Empire Collector's Edition. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Be forewarned, though: the opening sequence could blow out your speakers. :D Later in the movie listen to how sound editor/designer Gary Rystrom masterfully places the sound effects in surround sound mode, especially in the quieter sequences.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Eraserhead has a loud and very low (industrial noise) soundtrack in the surrounds; I blew a woofer on it--ripped right out of the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks