What's new

Which is better Hybrid or Single Layer (1 Viewer)

Wes Larkins

Stunt Coordinator
Hey

Im wondering which is better Single Layer discs or Hybrid Discs, ive heard the single layer is better thats all that I have is single layer, no Hybrid Discs

Also, are Hybrid Discs mainly other Record Companies other than Sony all of Sony's releases that ive seen are single layer

are there any good pop SACD's out there other than Sony Releases, I know all about those

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Wes, if you could have single-layer discs that only play in SACD players or hybrid discs that also play in CD players too, which would you choose?

Wes Larkins

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever is best I would probably go with SACD single layer, if those come with the best sound, If i wanted the album to play in a regular CD i would just go by that to play in the car or something.

you have laserdisc's to ?

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
They hybrid and single layer sound the same the only difference is one will play in a regular cd player and one will not.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hybrids are better, of course -- you get more for your money (SACD layer for high res music, and redbook CD layer for compatibility). The SACD layer of a hybrid should sound the same as a single layer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks