Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Filmmovement's first DVD: Marion Bridge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 07:42 AM

The first DVD from Film Movement arrived while I was away on business and, based upon this first DVD, I have to highly recommend this new independent/foreign film club.

The first film is MARION BRIDGE, which won the best first film award at the Toronto Film Festival last year. The film has a very very nice looking 16x9 anamorphic transfer, includes a director commentary track, cast/crew biographies, the film's trailer (also in 16x9), and a short film.

Of note is that this film is being released simultaneously to filmmovement subscribers and theaters. It opens in select cities on April 18 and was reviewed very favorably in this week's Village Voice.

Note: You can buy any film in the collection for $19.95 or subscribe to a year of films for $189.00. If you're a lover of smaller independent film, I strongly encourage you to visit Film Movement and check it out.

-greg