What's new

Is this normal tube tv sounds? (1 Viewer)

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a Hitachi 36udx10sa, which is a tube tv and notice there is a slight buzz/hum sound coming from the back of the tube. It is not from the speakers. It is very low, I can't here it if I am in front of the tv even when the volume is off so it is not bothersome. But this is my first large tv and wondered how much sound is normal.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Bob, what you're describing sounds like the usual buzzing a transformer makes. It's perfectly normal. You say you can't hear it from the front—and that's just the way Hitachi's engineers intended it! Enjoy your new set.

Bob;

I just saw the 36udx10sa and am considering buying it. How do you like yours? Any issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks

geo

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Geo,

I love mine. The only issue I had was the buzzing. A tech came out and said it was normal, and since then I hardly notice it. I just have really sensitive hearing. I'm using dish network as a source and it looks fantastic. It's not a flat screen, but this doesn't bother me. I bought mine from uecweb.com and for what I paid, I couldn't even have bought a decent analog set for the same price. Mine came with a small dent and scratch on the left side, which isn't even noticeable. I believe circuit city is running a special on them also. Any other questions let me know.

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate your time to reply.

I've looked at several forums and user reviews of the 32UDX10s and the 36UDX10s. One issue that some people have is ghosting and pixel artifacts when viewing conventional NTSC analog signals such as from a broadcast antenna. Evidently, this is a problem with the upconversion from 480i to 480p. Have you seen this issue? If so, is it a big problem?

Thanks

geo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks