-

Photo
- - - - -

service menu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:33 AM

Been reading thorought the display devices section and sawa something about service menus.... are these different from the normal menus on your TV? or are they only accesible via some sort of code?

I have a RCA D52130.... does this set have 'service menus', or is it just normal onscreen menus?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 10:30 AM

All TV sets have service menus. You just need the proper remote or codes. You'd have to call RCA

Service menus are just that, for service people. You need to be very careful with what you do in there

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
Been reading thorought the display devices section

And that's where this thread belongs.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Cagri

Cagri

Second Unit

• 415 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 04:51 AM

There is no need to go in the service menu unless there is a misadjusted setting there. Using S&V test pictures I found on my set (Loewe Calida) that geometry settings were not proper, and got in the service menu to fix them. Unless the settings are off too much, it isn't very easy to spot it without the test pictures though. From what I have read here, most sets have a common way to go in the service menu: you press the menu button on the set, and immediately you press the menu button on your remote. You better write down original settings in case you change something and save it by mistake. If you find out that some setting is wrong, try to get some information about your set's service menu before going in there, such as how you save the changes, how you exit without saving changes, etc.
Too much debt...