What's new

7.1 setup--Need help (1 Viewer)

Sri

Agent
Hello,
I am setting up 7.1 system and was wondering what should the distance between the two rear speakers be? I read in AVM20 manual that for best sweet spot the distance between the two speakers should be less than 4 ft. I already have the rear speakers mounted but they are about 22ft apart because they are on either side of the room. Should I remount so they are right behing the listener or leave as it is? Thanks a bunch for all the help.

Sri

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The best recommendations I've come across seem to say that the surrounds should be on either side of you, 180 deg apart, and the rears should be 30 deg apart, or 15 deg each from the centerline of the room behind you.

But it can get confusing, because THX Ultra2 actually includes provisions for placement right next to each other.

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Sri,

Are you referring the rear centers (instead of rears) being less than 4 ft apart? Check the manual again...there should be an "Advanced THX Setup" menu where you can select either "Less than 4 feet apart" or "Greater than 4 feet apart" for the two rear centers.

Your "side" rears already mounted 22 feet apart shoudl be fine.

Sri

Agent
Ricky and Kevin--Thanks for your replies. I guess I meant rear centers not sides. I did see the option of selecting >4ft but it is not too difficult to remount the speakers. So, my real question is leave as is and select >4ft or remount. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks