What's new

Error code on Pioneer DV-09? (1 Viewer)

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I've had my DV-09 for about three years and until yesterday it has peformed flawlessly.

Now, whenever the unit is powered on, it displays what seems to be some kind of error code, followed by the tray opening. Any attempts to close the tray or load a disc results in the tray opening again after a few seconds. I can't seem to get any display from the player at all (even though if I hit 'Menu' when the tray is open the LED display on the front shows 'Setup' as if it's gone into the config menu).

The error code is: 2 OC/38-18

I've tried leaving the player disconnected from the mains for over a day but no luck. The player hasn't been moved at all recently, nor damaged. It was playing just fine the night before it 'died'.

I've run a Google search on error codes for the DV-09 but haven't found anything on the web at all. Has anyone ever seen anything like before and if so, managed to get it sorted out?

Since I'm in the UK, sending it back to Pioneer US is not an option.

Thanks
Rob

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Hi Rob. Have you tried initialising the player? I think it's done by pressing reverse, pause and power on the front panel until the display flashes 'INIT' (can't remember if this is it precisely).

Adam

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Hi Adam,
I tried that after seeing your post (and several other button combinations) but to no effect.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, judging by the total lack of support anywhere on the internet, I am the only person in whole world to have ever had a problem with his DV-09.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks