What's new

Various questions for Twentieth Century Fox (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
[/b][This thread was created as a split from the 300 Spartans thread, because Mr. Staddon's nice reply there evoked several other, unrelated questions. Perhaps Peter Staddon is willing and able to reply to this too - Cees]
------------------------------------------------------------------------|
[/b]

Peter,
Are
"PEYTON PLACE"
"RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE"
"VALLEY OF THE DOLLS"
"HELLO DOLLY"
coming to DVD in the FUTURE ??

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Not to veer this thread from "300 Spartans" to "Ask Mr. Staddon", but, since you seem to be reading, and, as you often do, be so nice to answer back, I would like to ask you a question I have not been able to solve anywhere.

Living in Spain, I have no access to replacement campaigns such as the current one with the X-FILES Season 7 boxset because of the faulty episode "Triangle". I was aware of the problem soon enough so I did not buy the set, but I need to know if the corrected version will get to the shops sometime, and how to identify it. Please have in mind that my only way to get it is online retailers such as Amazon, and although they are very helpful when it comes to excanging faulty items, it's sort of impossible to get them to understand the gist of these kind of situations, so usually you end up with two copies of the same faulty disc instead a corrected repressing.

Sorry for the off-topic, and thanks anyway.

:)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes...when IS the release of PCU going to happen? Is it August, September, or October? Or perhaps November? :cool:

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
RE:PCU

You might get a commentary track out of Jon Faverau as he has said on his website that he is fond of the film and there are a lot of good stories about the making of it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup: I would buy PCU in a minute.

plus more tv show product (ie-Harsh Realm & Space:A&B) ;)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
what is the latest news on the special edition of the 1986 remake of the fly with jeff goldblum.

JACOB

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
There are two titles that have come up in Fox chats that I'm particularly interested in:

EMPEROR OF THE NORTH
FORTY GUNS

Thye proably aren't high priorities, but I hope Fox will release them someday.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
... 'I Was a Male War Bride', starring Cary Grant and Ann Sheridan, directed by Howard Hawks.

Classic in every respect, and never even available on LD, much less DVD.

Thank you.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Oh dear -here I go again
Most wanted
1. the alternate flat version of the Robe with the stereo track
2. Tender is the iNight with both endings
3. Prince of Foxes
4. Untamed - Susan Hayward, Tyrone Power
5. The Egyptian
6. Gardenof Evil
7. the 1962 State Fair
8. the 1958 In love and War
9. Beloved Infidel (soundtrack cD just released for the first time!!)
10. Razors Edge
11. Three Coins in the Fountain
12. Call Me Madam
13. Star - Julie Andrews
14. The Best of everything
15. Peyton Place and Return to Peyton Place
16. View from Pompeys Head

rhett

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Studio classics, I'd love to see Fox release a special edition of TERROR TRAIN. :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Fox Movie Channel is this month, for the first time ever, running A HIGH WIND IN JAMAICA in widescreen. This has heretofore been shown periodically on cable channels in pan and scan only (with title sequence letterboxed), and has never been released to video in any form. What an extraordinary movie! Directed by Alexander Mackendrick (SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS, some classic Ealing comedies) and starring Anthony Quinn and James Coburn, this is one of the handful of movies which can simultaneously be viewed as a fine family pirate adventure with exotic locales and action, and as a multi-leveled adult film about loyalty and innocent betrayal. Absolutely stunning in widescreen (2.35:1). It is an overlooked classic and I again petition you, Fox, to at least screen this film to see for yourselves what a underrated movie you have had collecting dust in your vaults since 1965. If RAILWAY CHILDREN and WATER BABIES and such can make it to DVD, certainly JAMAICA deserves a chance! Thanks in advance for your consideration.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Mr. Staddon, I know a person who has the original script for TERROR TRAIN and also has some train sketches and such that he would be more than happy to share with you if a special edition were released!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Oh dear. Let me ad on from earlier
Prince Valiant
King of the Khyber Rifles
April Love
Forevcer Amber

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a buyer of the following:

1.Beneath the Planet of the Apes (individual release)
2.Class Action
3.Rio Conchos
4.Robin Hood (Uma Thurmond)
5.Star Chamber, The

In addition to the above, several films that were initially distributed by Fox:

1.Count of Monte Cristo, The (Chamberain)
2.L.A. Law
3.Man in the Iron Mask, The (Chamberlain)
4.Twilight's Last Gleaming
5.Warriors, The
6.Wild Geese, The

Bob Engleman

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
When is PCU coming out? :D

(Guys, I've been trying to get an answer to this question for over two years now...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks