What's new

Xbox Live + Linksys router?? Get the new firmware (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=160

This is the 1.45 upgrade for the popular BEFW11S4 Version 2 router / wireless access point.

The readme of the new firmware claims "Increased UDP timeout for XBOX support".

I have had problems connecting to others on XBox Live. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

I will report back when I get a chance to play some NFL 2k3 this weekend.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Couldn't hurt. This stuff is usually put out for a reason... at least in my experience.

Glen

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I downloaded this last night and upgraded my firmware. So far, I do see a spike in performance. My broadband is capped at 1.5 meg download and 128 k up. I ran the dslreports test twice and measured OVER 1.5 meg (never happened before) and 126 k upload. Xbox Live (what little I played) was virtually lag-free. At this point, there is no downside. YMMV...

Gary

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Haven't noticed a difference, my upload couldn't move because it was capped and the d/l may have increased a bit...or maybe it's just a good day for my connection.
either way nothing is smoking so that's good

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Nothing really is different for me after installing this firmware.

I do like the new option on the router to backup your configuration to a file. Now if they would just allow for more slots in the port forwarding screen I would be happy.

I still get alot of "Unable to connect to host" messages in NFL 2k3. Are those normal??? About 50% of the games I try to join give that error. I am not sure if it is because the people have left the lobby just as I try to join, or if my network connection is hosed...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks