What's new

Fleetwood Mac remastered? (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thanks John for link...nice to see those on the way...along with a date for Pat Benatar's upcoming release...damn this is an expensive media year!:)

John Torrez

Second Unit
Yes, the Buckingham-Nicks era. That is the only site I have seen anything about these remasters. If anyone has any more info it would be appreciated.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I read about this a couple of weeks ago, and some stores in my area have these remasters on their upcoming release boards. It's about time that Rumours was remastered. My two questions about this title are whether Warner Bros. will restore the fade-up at the beginning of "Gold Dust Woman" (as appears on the original LP, first pressing CD, and current CDs sold overseas) and whether they will add "Silver Springs" (as appears on the DVD-Audio disc).

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Oh great...

...more "remasters".

These days, I have little confidence in remasters anymore.

Now they are just no-noised, smily-face eq'ed (oh wait, they already did that with the first Rumours remaster in the late 80's) compressed & maximized and the sound-wave peaks are buzz-cut limited so that the whole record sounds the same.:rolleyes

It's a shame I've become so pessimistic on new releases, but unless I hear otherwise, I'm keeping my original target label Rumours CD. It sounds too much like the LP - varying sonic qualities of each track and all. If I want it louder, I'll just rip it, convert to 32bit, normalize so that wherever the loudest peak is will now be at 99.9%, dither back to 16bit and burn a new cd-r.

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks