-

Photo
- - - - -

Who's up for Friends Season 4?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#21 of 40 James Reader

James Reader

Screenwriter

• 1,465 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 02:57 AM

f
Quote:
BTW, does anyone else think they are now going overboard on the different incarnations. DOn't get me wrong I LOVE season box sets, but I saw the other day that in addition to the Best of Friends sets that came out before the box sets, they have now released one disc sets of the "best of Season 1" and Best of Season 2".

I've got to agree - I mean $44.98 (the 98 seems strange) for a whole season? Who would want to buy "best of" sets when the whole season can be got for so cheap.

See this post for a rant on the UK pricing!
"Would you recommend this movie to a friend?"
"Only if I was friendly with Hitler."

#22 of 40 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 03:10 AM

Quote:
things go down hill after Monica and Chandler get together.

Wow, that happenes in this season!?! Jeez they've really been milking that show for all its worth. What season is it in now? 9? I think this DVDset will be my last season too.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#23 of 40 Eman_Ramos

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 03:43 AM

OH HELL YEAH!

Finally I get to buy the season that has probably the best Friends episode ever: The One With the Embryos.

Also known as the episode where Chandler and Joey battle Monica and Rachel in a psuedo-quiz show, with Ross asking the questions...

This made my day...Posted Image

But I can't pre-order it on Amazon?! What's up wit dat?
Eman's Random Thoughts
Eman's 2005 Movie List
Eman's DVD Collection
Charter Member of the HTF San Diego Chargers Fan Club. Hop on the Boltwagon!

#24 of 40 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 03:45 AM

Actually, Chandler and Monica's romance...
...mainly happens in Season 5. They start to get together in the last hour of Season 4.

I don't think things went downhill all that much. There were changes, yes, and perhaps the humor has shifted from "singles" type stuff to "family" type stuff (being married jokes, having babies jokes, gotta-have-a-job jokes got stronger, etc.).

I guess it all depends on what you like. Yeah, some aspects of the show have gotten a bit tired, but I think those are minor. Pound for pound, this is still the funniest half hour in Primetime. Scrubs is a close second.

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#25 of 40 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 03:51 AM

Oh, I agree that the quiz show ep is hilarious!

And, while I'm agreeing, I agree that it's amazing anyone would buy the Best-Of's at all. It struck me odd that Warner re-invented those on a by-season basis in time for the S3 set release last week. And, if y'all noticed in the news item I wrote, the S4 set release will be accompanied by a Best-Of-S3 release on one disc for $14.98 list on the same street date.

$10-$15 street for a 5-ep disc versus $30-$40 street for a 24-ep set loaded with supplements! Why not pay a couple of sawbucks more and get it all?

DAVE/Memphis, TN

#26 of 40 DanC

DanC

Stunt Coordinator

• 142 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 04:04 AM

I pretty much agree with David on the state of Friends. I myself think the show lost its steam after the 6th season but the worst episode of Friends IMO is still much better than some of the crap I've seen lately!
Go Noles!
>>------>

Home Theater/DVD's

#27 of 40 Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 04:15 AM

Quote:
Pound for pound, this is still the funniest half hour in Primetime.

Oh for sure. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the show. But it's just not as good as when Chandle was single, and living with Joey.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#28 of 40 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 11 2003 - 04:22 AM

Quote:
Also known as the episode where Chandler and Joey battle Monica and Rachel in a psuedo-quiz show, with Ross asking the questions...

hee hee, is that where they ask the question, "What is the name printed on the address label of Chandler's 'TV Guide'?"

Answer:
Ms. Chanandelar Bong

I almost passed out from laughing during that scene. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#29 of 40 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 04:37 AM

I am thrilled that they are moving up the timetable on these sets. I thought it might be Christmas before we get to Season 4. Now I think we might actually get up to Season 6!

My favorite seasons are the ones with Chandler and Monica's romance (they are my two favorite characters) so Season 6-present can't come soon enough for me.

#30 of 40 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 05:06 AM

Quote:
My favorite seasons are the ones with Chandler and Monica's romance

Me too. Which is season 5.

I’m wondering what is happening to the bloopers. If some of you remember, I said before in a friends topic that in an official chat they said that they are preparing the bloopers to release with one of the sets!

#31 of 40 Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 06:09 AM

Great news! Unlike other TV properties (*cough* Simpsons *cough*), I'm glad some shows are being released on a timely schedule. Thanks for the info!

#32 of 40 Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 06:26 AM

Excellent, I just got started on S3, perfect timing.

Peace Out~Posted Image
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#33 of 40 Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:11 AM

I wish they would kick the Buffy and Angel seasons into high gear. At this rate it will be 2005 before they are all said and done on DVD.

Ditto for B5 as a new fan to this show!

#34 of 40 Jonny P

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:48 AM

I am really glad to hear they are speeding things up (hopefully). I thought after last year that they might stay on course and release two seasons a year. I was looking forward to completing my collection sometime in the year 2006 (yuck).

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get all of these out by a year or so from now.

I have no problem with a set per year if the show is now (like "24" or "The Shield"), but older product shouldn't be too difficult to release on a faster schedule.

Plus, 4 years is a long time to wait to complete a collection. If Paramount can do it in a year with the ST series, then the others can do.

I like the new prices too. $29.99 at Best Buy was good for Season 2 last week.

#35 of 40 Debbie E

Debbie E

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 09:50 AM

North American DVD sent me a partial shipment that included Season 1 but not Season 2... so I have to wait until July 1st to watch Seasons 2 and 3 Posted Image

#36 of 40 Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 10:22 AM

Quote:
I have no problem with a set per year if the show is now (like "24" or "The Shield"), but older product shouldn't be too difficult to release on a faster schedule.

Plus, 4 years is a long time to wait to complete a collection. If Paramount can do it in a year with the ST series, then the others can do.

I whole heartedly agree. I think that the TV on DVD has been a genuine explosion in popularity.
The sooner that the studios catch on and go the Paramount way the sooner they can collect great sums of money from me!

I wish I needed another job to get all I wanted if it were available......

#37 of 40 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 10:41 AM

It only took me three evenings to get through S3.

#38 of 40 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 17 2003 - 04:47 AM

Anyone confirm what the pricing will be for S4? A couple sites seem to indicate the list price is back up to $69.98.

Was the S3 discount merely an experiment that failed?
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#39 of 40 Joel C

Joel C

Screenwriter

• 1,635 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 09:45 AM

I saw the $70 price on DVD File. I hope it was their mistake.
Joel
woemcats@hotmail.com
"Why I laugh?"

#40 of 40 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 11:26 AM

Warner Brothers' system still says the SRP is $44.98. Are they just recalling S1 & S2, or what? Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow