What's new

Best center channel for $300?? (1 Viewer)

Adam Gunn

Auditioning
Hi, I currently have a "Profiles" by Dahlquist (sp?) center channel and was looking around a little for something nicer. What is the general concensus on best CC for around $300?

The rest of my audio system:
amp: JVC RX8000 | 100 watts per channel @ 5 channels with 0.02 thd (this reciever is shockingly very good for a JVC).
fronts and rears: Infinity RS3 | I like these a LOT.
sub: Definitive PF15TL+ | 15" 500watt, just awesome! :)

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend choosing an Infinity center to match with your mains but if you're just looking for the absolute best center that $300 will buy I suggest...

Energy AC-300- discontinued but you may find one used on eBay or Audiogon. In fact I may be selling mine at some point in the future as I am now using a Paradigm Studio CC.

Paradigm CC-370- Should be able to buy new for under $300

There are others of course but those are 2 of the best I've heard at that price point.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
I have a paradigm cc-370 and i love it. It cost about $300 but I also have paradigm monitor 5s for mains. You might want to contact infinity and see what they suggest. It would be best to get the center that was made to work with your mains.

Adam Gunn

Auditioning
I think that's a good idea. Thanks for the info folks. What do you (all) all think of RS3's in general? Maybe it's time to go with something new for my fronts. I want sound which makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I know Boston Acoustics makes some nice stuff. I think I would just get a center and fronts for now, then I would have two extra side channels for when I move up to a 7.1 reciever, which will be this summer. Whoop! :)

Paradigm, eh? Could I get away some something ear melting for under a grand (2 fronts and a center) ??

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Adam,

I can't compare anything to the Infinity's you have because I have not heard them. If they are the Infinity line that you see in CC or Best Buy, then I would say that something like the Paradigm Monitor series would be a pretty good step up. A pair of Paradigm Monitor 7's and a CC-370 Center Channel would probably run you about $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks