What's new

Saturday Night Live and the Iraqi info minister (not politcal).... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for the next new SNL. I can guarantee that they will spoof that Iraqi info minister who denied everything. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Great! I thought I'd probably missed the spoof on this past week's SNL show. I just couldn't stay awake.

"Baghdad Bob," as they're calling him, is so ridiculous he's funny. He should come to the US and pursue a career in stand-up comedy! :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I can't wait for the next new SNL. I can guarantee that they will spoof that Iraqi info minister who denied everything
That was in my mind too.

I can see it being something like in Naked Gun, when Frank is saying.."nothing to see here" and there's a bunch of action happening behind him.

info minister denies, then U.S. troops are litterally taking him down(tackeling) as he's still denying

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, "The Tonight Show" has pretty much done it already. The interview Jay had last night with the guy (uh, yeah, it was fake in case you wonder :)) was pretty funny, and ended with a statue of Saddam falling on the guy's head. "The statues are being taken down for routine maintenance, to remove pigeon poop!"

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Then there's Letterman's Top 10 from last night:

Top Ten Things Iraq's Information Minister Has To Say About The War

10. "We're pulling down the statues of Saddam to have them cleaned"

9. "Don't believe that stuff you see on CNN...or NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox or MSNBC"

8. "If you ask me who the winner is, it depends on what your definition of 'is' is"

7. "Iraqi television is off the air because we didn't want you to have to sit through 'Becker'"

6. "Do you know of any job openings for a lying weasel?"

5. "Wolf Blitzer and I are engaged"

4. "Iraqis are in the streets celebrating Cher's 40 fabulous years in show business"

3. "Incoming!"

2. "Saddam's not dead -- he's just out with a case of the shingles"

1. "War? What war?"

:D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The vibe I've been getting from the information minister is similar to the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :D

"There I've won."
"'Tis but a scratch."
"What are you talking about, your arm's off."
"No it isn't."
"What do you call that then?"
(Pauses) "I've had worse!"
"You liar!"
"Come on ya pansy!"

"Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left!"
"Yes I have."
"Look!"
"Just a flesh wound."

:D :D :D

Brad

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Brad & Trenton:
:emoji_thumbsup:
I knew his schtick seemed familiar, but couldn't come up with the reference.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
They need to bring Jon Lovitz (compulsive liar) back to play the Iraq's Information Minister. The bit got tired in the 80s and early 90s, but this would be a hoot! :D

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I actually saw some major similarities between Mr. Iraqi Information minister and Office Barbrady from South Park.

"Move along, there's nothing to see here!".

At one point, I was expecting him to proclaim that the planet earth is flat.

:)

Moe.

Brian Burgoyne

Second Unit
Well they just had a little segment with Tina Fey interviewing him as he reported that they had won the war and were now attacking Disney World. :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Conan also had somethign with a basketball game. THe Iraqis were getting beat, the the information minister comes on to say Saddam did make that three point shot and all their enemies fear his unstoppable outside shooting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hee hee hee, now we have Saddam's "Love Shack." Such a treasure trove of material :D and no new SNL until May. :frowning:

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Jay Leno had a Jeopardy takeoff with him the other night, where the minister was declaring he won the game show before the other contestants were even introduced.

And they say comedy writing is hard. :D

Todd Henry

Second Unit
ESPN's Page 2 did a spoof with minister being a color analyst for a Yankees-Red Sox game. Good stuff

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks