Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Made In Canada on DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Chad E

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 06:56 PM

I was browsing the DVDs in Wal-Mart and came across a Made In Canada disc. It contains all 6 first-season episodes, and costs C$18.98.

The disc seems to be put out by "Koch Vision"... which I have never heard of. Has anyone seen the disc? If so, can you comment on the quality? (Is 6 half-hour episodes pushing things? Futurama only had either 4 or 5 episodes per disc...)

I like this show, and if the quality is good, I'd like to pick it up. Here's hoping the subsequent 13-episode seasons will still be sold as complete season sets!

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   BrentPollard

BrentPollard

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 03:43 AM

Hey I love this show. I was hoping to see it on DVD. I don't think 6 episodes would be pushing the limit, remember, after eliminating the commercials the show is only about 23 mins long give or take. So the total running time will be under 140 min.Posted Image

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Chad E

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 02:51 PM

[quote] I don't think 6 episodes would be pushing the limit, remember, after eliminating the commercials the show is only about 23 mins long give or take. So the total running time will be under 140 min. [quote]

Yeah, I realized I didn't think this one through too clearly. The "hour"-long shows I have on DVD usually have 4 about-40-minutes episodes per disc... so 6 about-20-minutes episodes shouldn't be an issue. My bad! :b

According to DVDBoxOffice, this disc was released Sept 24, 2002. The first I heard of it was when I found it in Wal-Mart this week. Future Shop doesn't even seem to carry it. I guess "Koch Vision" didn't have a really big marketing budget for this release! Posted Image

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Shane_M

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 232 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 06:56 PM

I think the reason Futurama only had 4-5 episodes per disc is because of the audio commentary for each episode
Shane
EyeCraveDVD.com (Owner | Editor-In-Chief)
My Blog

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 02:25 PM

Imagine trying to find it in the States (you can't). I ordered mine from amazon.ca and had it within a week. Here's hoping they release the other seasons. As it is I have friends in Canada taping the CBC for me. As far as quality, the episodes themselves are fine. The menu is very bare-bones (just episode selection). No play all option.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   BarrieT

BarrieT

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 03:15 PM

I saw it at Musicworld last fall way before it came to Walmart. Those 6 episodes comprise the first season? That would be the main selling point for me.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 10:18 PM

Does this help you guys at all? Posted Image

Posted Image

DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Joe Isham

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted April 12 2003 - 03:47 PM

Seasons 2 and 3 at 13 episodes each, season 4 is 16 episodes, and season 5 is 17. I'm also hoping for a DVD release of An American in Canada. That was seriously funny.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   BrentPollard

BrentPollard

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 04:01 AM

Do any of my Canuck bros. remember Twitch City?
Another superb Canadian black comedy that deserves DVD.Posted Image I'm not usually into collecting TV on DVD but these two I would, along with Futurama because of it's limited run.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   KerryK

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator

• 214 posts

Posted April 13 2003 - 04:49 AM

I agree about Twitch City. I heard a rumor that something could happen with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users