What's new

Made In Canada on DVD (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I was browsing the DVDs in Wal-Mart and came across a Made In Canada disc. It contains all 6 first-season episodes, and costs C$18.98.

The disc seems to be put out by "Koch Vision"... which I have never heard of. Has anyone seen the disc? If so, can you comment on the quality? (Is 6 half-hour episodes pushing things? Futurama only had either 4 or 5 episodes per disc...)

I like this show, and if the quality is good, I'd like to pick it up. Here's hoping the subsequent 13-episode seasons will still be sold as complete season sets!

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Hey I love this show. I was hoping to see it on DVD. I don't think 6 episodes would be pushing the limit, remember, after eliminating the commercials the show is only about 23 mins long give or take. So the total running time will be under 140 min.;)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think 6 episodes would be pushing the limit, remember, after eliminating the commercials the show is only about 23 mins long give or take. So the total running time will be under 140 min.
Yeah, I realized I didn't think this one through too clearly. The "hour"-long shows I have on DVD usually have 4 about-40-minutes episodes per disc... so 6 about-20-minutes episodes shouldn't be an issue. My bad! :b

According to DVDBoxOffice, this disc was released Sept 24, 2002. The first I heard of it was when I found it in Wal-Mart this week. Future Shop doesn't even seem to carry it. I guess "Koch Vision" didn't have a really big marketing budget for this release! :laugh:

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
I think the reason Futurama only had 4-5 episodes per disc is because of the audio commentary for each episode

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Imagine trying to find it in the States (you can't). I ordered mine from amazon.ca and had it within a week.

Here's hoping they release the other seasons. As it is I have friends in Canada taping the CBC for me.

As far as quality, the episodes themselves are fine. The menu is very bare-bones (just episode selection). No play all option.

BarrieT

Auditioning
I saw it at Musicworld last fall way before it came to Walmart. Those 6 episodes comprise the first season? That would be the main selling point for me.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Seasons 2 and 3 at 13 episodes each, season 4 is 16 episodes, and season 5 is 17.

I'm also hoping for a DVD release of An American in Canada. That was seriously funny.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Do any of my Canuck bros. remember Twitch City?
Another superb Canadian black comedy that deserves DVD.;) I'm not usually into collecting TV on DVD but these two I would, along with Futurama because of it's limited run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks