Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yet another "name that movie"... with a twist

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric_E

Eric_E

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 06:00 PM

I wasn't quite sure whether I should post this in movies or music, because it's kind of a mix of both. I'm honestly not even sure this is a movie quote... but maybe someone will be able to help me out.

There is a trance song by The Auranaut called "People Want to be Needed." It features what sounds to me like a quote from an old movie. It's a female voice, who I almost want to say sounds something like Audrey Hepburn. She says the following:
[quote] You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself off. I've been through it myself and I know. [quote]
So, do any of you have any idea what this quote could be from? I'm hoping one of you oh-so knowledgeable people will know.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted April 10 2003 - 05:45 AM

Sounds like the hand in the box scene from Dune.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric_E

Eric_E

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:30 AM

Chucky: Thanks for the suggestion. I've never seen Dune, but maybe I'll check it out. Posted Image I assume we're talking about the 1984 David Lynch version?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Christopher P

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:38 AM

Doesn't sound like Dune, that was more about fear than pain. "THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" Chris

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted April 10 2003 - 08:47 AM

[quote] Chucky: Thanks for the suggestion. I've never seen Dune, but maybe I'll check it out. I assume we're talking about the 1984 David Lynch version? [quote]
Yes the Lynch version, but it was just a suggestion and/or a guess. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users