-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yet another "name that movie"... with a twist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Eric_E

Eric_E

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 06:00 PM

I wasn't quite sure whether I should post this in movies or music, because it's kind of a mix of both. I'm honestly not even sure this is a movie quote... but maybe someone will be able to help me out.

There is a trance song by The Auranaut called "People Want to be Needed." It features what sounds to me like a quote from an old movie. It's a female voice, who I almost want to say sounds something like Audrey Hepburn. She says the following:
Quote:
You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself off. Sometimes you need the help of other people more than anything else. But you have to let them get close enough to help you. People want to be needed. I've found that out.

A little bit later in the track, the quote is looped but slightly altered - this time she says:
Quote:
You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself off. I've been through it myself and I know.

So, do any of you have any idea what this quote could be from? I'm hoping one of you oh-so knowledgeable people will know.

#2 of 5 Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 753 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted April 10 2003 - 05:45 AM

Sounds like the hand in the box scene from Dune.

#3 of 5 Eric_E

Eric_E

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:30 AM

Chucky: Thanks for the suggestion. I've never seen Dune, but maybe I'll check it out. Posted Image I assume we're talking about the 1984 David Lynch version?

#4 of 5 Christopher P

Christopher P

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:38 AM

Doesn't sound like Dune, that was more about fear than pain. "THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Chris

#5 of 5 Chucky P

Chucky P

Supporting Actor

• 753 posts
  • LocationMound, MN

Posted April 10 2003 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
Chucky: Thanks for the suggestion. I've never seen Dune, but maybe I'll check it out. I assume we're talking about the 1984 David Lynch version?

Yes the Lynch version, but it was just a suggestion and/or a guess. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow