Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Shanghai Knights DVD to have extended fight sequences reinstated...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 02:23 PM

Shanghai Knights director David Dobkin is including full-length versions of three fight scenes on the DVD, which streets July 22 (prebook June 10). Now fans will see scenes in their entirety of Chan fighting in a wax museum, a library full of valuable artifacts, and on a barge opposite martial artist Donnie Yen.

“The library fight is about three minutes longer, and it’s extraordinary, but in the middle of the second act it was really hurting the movie,” Dobkin said. “[The Donnie Yen fight], there’s about a minute- and-a-half more of that. It’s amazing, but the problem with that was you knew there’s a whole other fight coming up and you just couldn’t [wait so long before the climax].”

Much more available at Video Store Magazine

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 01:29 AM

I really enjoyed this movie and now knowing that there are extended fight scenes - SOLD!
Besides it's Jackie Chan.
"I can't marry all three of them - thats bigamy!"
"No, thats big o' me!"

Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 01:35 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image More Jackie Chan is always a good thing!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II

Second Unit

• 448 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 02:21 AM

Wait, wait, wait ... are the fight scenese back in the movie, or just included as deleted scenes?
Have you ever heard of Vietnam, Larry?

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 03:39 AM

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait ... are the fight scenese back in the movie, or just included as deleted scenes?

Actually, they might be better off being deleted scenes, since then I can get my Jackie goodness without having to sit through this crappy movie again. Posted Image

Jason

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Tim RH

Tim RH

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image Posted Image More Donnie Yen is always a good thing!

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   TimSniffin

TimSniffin

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted April 11 2003 - 06:22 AM

Quote:

Judging from what Dobkin says about them in the first post, I'd say they're deleted scenes.

Personally, I really liked this movie--it was the most fun I've had at the movie theater in a while. Knights has the feel and lunancy of the Hope-Bing road movies, compete with the utter randomness of some of the humor (like the bald guy in the pillow fight). And I still smile whenever I think of the Jack the Ripper scene. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow