What's new

Energy Take 5.2 or Athena Technologies Point 5 (1 Viewer)

Simon Cho

Auditioning
I'm a newbie when it comes to speakers so I've decided to get HT speakers from a box. Not to mention I'm on a tight budget. Can you guys help me decide between the energy take 5.2 or the Athena Point 5. Thanks.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I would say the Energy's since they are both made by the same company in Canada, they make Athena which is there entry stuff, Energy which is there Mid Line, and Mirage which is there high end. I've got the grandfather to the 5.2's the 5+1's and I love them.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Ive got the old skewl Take 5 setup (- the sub) and am very happy with them. Their Gloss black finish are a pleasure to look at and they do quite well with my modist HT.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I had the Take 5.2 and I think you cant get a better value for the dollar. These do not sound like small speakers at all, the sound is amazing.

Debbie_L

Stunt Coordinator
Like Simon, I too am interested in these speakers, among others in their price range.

Question for Jeremy, Chris and Andrew: Have any of you utilized the included wall-mounting brackets, and if so, do these speakers put out decent sound when wall-mounted?

Thanks for any info. you can provide,

Debbie

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
I plan to wall mount my front speakers when we get ready to hang curtins over our built in shelves. (I will mount at ear level between the TV and the built in shelves. See pics by clicking on the links in my signature)

I do not have the included wall-mount brackets but used my existing brackets for my rear speakers. had to customize the brackets by drilling 2 holes to match the Energy's hole pattern.

They rears sound great. They fool the dogs everytime there is a doorbell or animal noises coming from the rear speakers. Quite funny because they get all worked up over nothing.

I think you would be plesently supprised by wall mounting these speakers. Just be sure to mount them at the proper height (if you can) and make sure the speaker mounts will allow full movement (angle left/right and tilt up/down). This will allow you to adjust the speakers position to your liking.

Some will say that speakers need to be away from the walls a good 2 feet but in some cases this is unrealistic. If I had a dedicated room that would be another story.

Hope that helps :D and dont forget to take a look at my pictures!

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I've got mine on Stands, my old apartment I had them wall mounted and both ways they sound great.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Take 5s, I love their sound. I have mounted all of them on stands. Sounds excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks