What's new

Waking the Dead (1 Viewer)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

I was at my local Wal-Mart the other day when I noticed a huge bin full of DVDs and VHS tapes marked down to something like $6 each. A feeding frenzy was taking place, so I didn't get much of a look at what was being offered [surely the DVDs were full screen, right?]. However, I noticed a VHS copy of Waking the Dead starring Billy Crudup and Jennifer Connelly. I remember liking this film when I first saw it a year or more ago.

Once I was at my computer, I checked into getting the DVD only to find that there are apparently two different DVDs of this film.

Amazon.com lists the two versions. The first has an ASIN # of 6306010947. It lists the following special features:

Commentary by director Keith Gordon
30 minutes of Deleted Footage

The second [more recent?] release has an ASIN # of B00007ELES and Amazon.com lists no special features for the disc.

Can anyone offer any feedback on whether the second release includes the bonus features? Is either release 16x9 enhanced? Is the first, which supposedly includes the special features, out of print?

Interestingly enough, DVD Planet lists a single version with the following specs:

1.85:1, Anamorphic16x9
Color
5.1 Dolby Digital, Stereo
Product Features:
Commentary/Multi-Audi
Cast/Crew Biographies
Closed Caption
Deleted Footage
Making Of
Trailer

Hmmm...

And Buy.com lists the same specs as DVD Planet, but no deleted scenes.

If anyone can shed some light on this release, please do!

Thanks,
mattl

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
IIRC, the disc is anamorphic and DVDEmpire lists it as having over 45 minutes of deleted scenes. The two seperate bar codes probably indicate a repricing. It is ON ORDER at DVDEmpire, but the price is a cool $15.16. Great price for a great film.

Bruce

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
I've only seen the version with the commentary and deleted scenes for sale in Canada (when I see it at all, it's kinda obscure).
At any rate, if you're a fan of Jennifer, there is at least one deleted scene that you will want to see. ;)

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
This is a great film. When Keith Gordon its it big with 'The Singing Detective' everyone will be seeking ou his past films.

Except maybe Jaws 2.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks