What's new

Anyone Have a Pioneer Elite DV-09? (1 Viewer)

Gary Rhine

Stunt Coordinator
That's odd. I have since talked to Pioneer's Elite support group and they told me it will not play either one.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Gary, there are times where a manufacturer's official position is that a component will not play CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, etc. and then people find some of these discs actually do work. It could be that based on the age of the component, the '09 would not have been designed to play DVD-Rs and DVD-RWs, but that does not mean that Pioneer has tested these discs in the player. I once had a Sony ES CD changer at a time when Sony's official position was that they did not guarantee compatibility with CD-Rs and CD-RWs. Despite this, I found that the player handled any CD-R and CD-RW I threw at it flawlessly.

Gary Rhine

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a way I can get my hands on a test DVD-R and DVD-RW before I spend hundreds of dollars on a burner?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Gary, I know of no official test DVD-Rs or DVD-RWs. I don't suppose you know anyone with a DVD burner who could make you discs for testing.

Gary Rhine

Stunt Coordinator
I will try to locate some here in the Myrtle Beach, S.C. area. The DV-09 will play CD-RW but not CD-R, oddly, if that provides any clues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks