What's new

Day of the Dead specs... (1 Viewer)

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
sorry if this is old news, search option has been down all day...saw these specs over at bloody disgusting and wanted to share...

Its almost here, Anchor Bays two disc special edition of George Romero's Day of the Dead, check out the full specs.....

DVD Maniacs reports, "Anchor Bay will released their two disc special edition of George Romero's classic on Aug 19th. Retail expected to be under $30. Disc One New anamorphic transfer from the original negative, DTS 6.1 Dolby EX, Commentary by George Romero, Tom Savini, Lori Cardille and production designer Cletus Anderson, Second commentary by filmmaker Roger Avery."

"Disc Two: New Featurette with interviews with Lori Cardille, Tom Savini, George Romero, Cletus Anderson, etc. Production Notes, Featurette, Behind the Scenes footage courtesy of Tom Savini, Original Screenplay, Last interview with Richard Liberty on Audio, Trailers, Poster and Advertising Gallery, Behind Scenes Gallery, Production Photo Gallery, Still Gallery, Production design art gallery, Mine Promo Footage, Full Color Booklet."

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Thanks for posting this, I thought the date was still pushed to Fall but this isn't too far away. Does that mean Dawn will follow in that time frame as well. I'm getting both but I'm more excited for Dawn of the Dead.

TedT

Second Unit
Cool! I know most people wouldn't agree with me, but this is my favorite of the trilogy!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Is this still going to appear in th runored box set with DAWN? I'd love to get that, but will buy them both regardless!

Looks like I can finally pawn my anchor bay VHS of these!

Will K

Screenwriter
Dawn apparently has been pushed back to early 2004. Surely it'll be worth the wait.

August is going to be one sweet(and expensive) month with DayOTD and all those MGM horror titles. Yippee!

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I believe I read on another site (dvdtalk) that Dawn is delayed until 2004. Just learned that as I'm looking for copies of Dawn and Day now :)
Best regards,
~~Nathan

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Is this still going to appear in th runored box set with DAWN?
I think the box set is supposed to contain the theatrical cut, "director's" cut and Argento's cut (Zombie -exclusive to the box set?), but not Day of the Dead.

Isn't there an extended version of Day of the Dead floating around? I could have sworn I remember seeing one advertised by one of the "grey market" video companies a few years back (I think Blackest Heart) and also saw one for rent at a Toronto video store that specialized in "hard to find" (aka bootleg) videos.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Can't wait for Day, but I'm an extra anxious for next April's DAWN!!!!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Awesome news. Dawn and Day are two of my most anticipated titles. The wait for Dawn will likely be worth it. Anchor Bay Rocks :emoji_thumbsup:!

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Finally I can retire my old Anchor Bay dvd. So by August we'll have an awesome edition of Day to go with the ME of Night - now all we have to do is wait for the Dawn...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Although DAY isn't my favorite, I still think it's better than most people give it credit for. I like the sense of claustrophobia that permeates the film. Plus, the scenes where they're locked in the chambers with the zombies can't be beat. Fun movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks