Photo

Any chance of a Back to the Future single release ?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:51 AM

In Australia they released the first Back to the Future movie on it's own a couple of months after the boxset release.
Does anybody have any info about whether the same is planned in the U.S. ?
I haven't bought the box because I refuse to pay for two movies that I really don't want to have.

#2 of 6 James Reader

James Reader

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:55 AM

In fact, in all of the world apart from R1 they releases a single Back to the Future release.
"Would you recommend this movie to a friend?"
"Only if I was friendly with Hitler."

#3 of 6 Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 06:25 AM

I don't think it could hurt at this point. It would have been different if they sold them all separately to start, as 2 and 3 would likely have sold far less than 1. (Personally I like 2 and 3 almost as much as 1).

Same thing with the Godfather trilogy. If they sold them all separately to start, there would have been stacks of Part 3 left at stores. But now that the set has sold a lot in the past 18 months, I don't think it would hurt Paramount to sell them separately for those who may only want Part 1 or 2.
My DVD, Blu-Ray and HD DVD Collection @ DVDSpot

#4 of 6 Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 07:11 AM

Quote:
Same thing with the Godfather trilogy.

Oh, Lord, please don't compare The Godfather Part III to Back to the Future Part II or Back to the Future Part III! What did Copola ever do to you! Posted Image
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#5 of 6 Dave H

Dave H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,187 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 10:13 AM

I think it will happen one day. But, not until they make as much money they can from the box set. (This goes for BTTF and Godfather.)

Just taking a guess, I could see each BTTF movie sell for $14.99 each or something --- Godfather around $19.99 or so.

#6 of 6 Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 10:46 AM

You could always buy a previously viewed DVD. The local Hastings is selling each movie separately. The problem is, I bet you could buy the boxset brand new for a lower price than what they're selling them separately for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users