-

Photo
- - - - -

19" pc monitor composit connection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 TerrelP

TerrelP

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:08 AM

hi i have a 19" samsung monitor with composit input could i buy the microsoft or monster composit cables and connect my xbox 2 it? will it look better than my tv? btw i run my xbox on my 60" rptv at the moment with monsster svidio hookup. thanx in advance for you reply

#2 of 2 Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:24 AM

Composite video isn't very good. Your RPTV will look better. On the other hand, computer monitors are usually set too bright, so you may see more detail in dark areas (although they may be washed out). You will likely see all sorts of composite video artifacts...shimmering lines, jagged edges, etc. Resolution will suck.

A composite video cable is extremely cheap. It is of such low bandwidth you won't notice any difference between a monster cable and a cheap radio shack cable.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....