Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Right Angle Component RCA Adaptor

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 04:22 AM

I just bought some new cables to move all my gear to a closet in the rear of my Theater/Family room. I moved my Toshibia SD3815 DVD changer into the closet and because its so deep I cant place it as close as I would like to the back of the closet.

Does anyone make a 75ohm Right Angle adaptor for component video cables?

I purchased my Canare component cable from BDCable and would like to maintain some quality.

Thanks for any info Posted Image
Chris Hovanic
"Go away or I'll replace you with a very small shell script!" :wink:

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 08:31 AM

Canare, I believe, makes a right-angle RCA plug but not sure if it's an adapter. Right angle adapters will be found marketed by... Monster ~ $13/pair Acoustic Research HT417 about $10/pair Radio Shack...dunno about price. I'm sure that in your yellow pages there'll be some electronic places that'll also carry them. You could certainly order them online but s/h is likely to be a substantial portion of your order. While I appreciate your desire to maintain as close to a 75 ohm path as possible, it's actually a non-issue with the RCA plugs as their contribution to the signal path is maybe an inch total. This is far less that 1/4 of the wavelengths your cable will be passing.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor

• 545 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Chu Gai I will have to pick some up next time Im out to frys
Chris Hovanic
"Go away or I'll replace you with a very small shell script!" :wink:

My DVD Collection
My Home Theater Pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users