What's new

How close can the tempest or shiva be to my TV? (1 Viewer)

Eugene _L.

Auditioning
Hey everyone. I'm planning on building dual subs soon. My HT area is approx. 3100 cu/ft. I was thinking of remaking the bottom cabinets of my entertainment stands into subs. I need to know if this will cause interference with my Tv picture. It's an RCA 52" rear projection. Also with the size of my room would dual Shiva's be enough or should I go with the Tempests. I was thinking sealed Tempests. I'd also have about 100W/channel for now going to each sub. Any advice is appreciated.

Eugene

TimForman

Supporting Actor
RPTV can be affected by magnetic fields from speakers although not to the extent that CRTs are. How close I can't say. I have a large room like your's too. I found that the sealed Tempest didn't give me the extension I wanted. I guess I wanted more "wow" factor. I added a Shiva tube as a second sub along with Bass Shakers. Plenty of "wow" now. 100 Watts seems minimal to me. I run 500 W per sub. Two subs, one in front, one in back, gave me the balance I was looking for too.

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
My Shiva is, currently, 32", center of picture tube to center of driver, away. I have a 32" Sony. That is the closet I can put the driver within any visible effects.

Eugene _L.

Auditioning
Thanks guys. I guess I need to start saving my pennies so I can buy a better amp. Have a good day.

Eugene

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks