Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer 45tx, Denon 3803, Nad T762

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DavidFun

DavidFun

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 02:37 AM

I have read a lot about the three of these, but can't really make up my mind. I am powering def tech 2002 tl with built in powered subs, so the amps will not be pushed to hard. The center also has a powered sub. The surrounds are def tedh bipolar. 80/20 hometheater/music. But, when I get dvd audio, and sacd, that may change. All video sources run straight to big screen, so video upconversion not an issue. I will probably get the new Denon 2900 when it arrives. This will be able to do bass management on sacd and dvd-audio. My main concerns are musicality, good prepro section, and very flexible bass management. I will have an extremely capable sub to go along with these towers, so I want to cross them over about 40 or 50 and let the sub take care of the rest. Opinions please.
David

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   DarrellC

DarrellC

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 05:03 AM

I am trying to choose between these 3 units as well. Since I am not interest in any DSP stuff, I am leaning towards the Denon and NAD. Let us know what you think guys!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

• 483 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 06:27 AM

I have the Denon AVR-3803 and I have been very happy with it. Lots of power and the remote is much better than previous models. Some still hate the remote but if they used the ones from earlier models they might feel differently. It also has plenty of surround modes. Unfortunately I dont have any experience with the other models so I wont comment on them

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   MikeRP

MikeRP

Supporting Actor

• 514 posts

Posted April 09 2003 - 03:29 PM

I love my 45TX. I really can't find anything I don't like about it. the Denon does the video thing better though. Pioneer does the MCACC and if your not experienced setting up your room - its a dream. Remote is great also.. I don't know anything about the NAD. I highly recommend both the Denon and the Pioneer - just comes down to features you want. Mike

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted April 10 2003 - 01:44 AM

Denon has one of the best pre processing sections. The Burr Brown DACs (4/channel in Pure Direct mode), Hammerhead SHARC processor, AL24, mechanical component switching (100 mhz), 7 video inputs, 7 digital inputs, and connections for 2 sets of surround speakers. A lot of that was inherited from the flagship 5803. The remote is not bad at all. I learned it in no time, and now I can operate it in the dark. If not, the entire thing is backlit. There are just a lot of buttons, which is the price for being able to do everything. The learning is easy and works great. While you can't go wrong with any of them, I think the Denon would make a very good pre/pro.
The only way to safely double your money is to fold it over once and place it back in your pocket.

http://www.cube17576.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users