What's new

New Yamaha receivers are in! (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I just got back from Tweeter. They had the new *40 receivers in. looked VERY nice. Did not get a chance to look at them closely though. I noticed that the 540, 640 and 740 all had dts-es. so they have 6 amps. Not a big blockbuster thing I know, but it was the only thing I had a chance to notice :) Anyway, I can tell you that they look REAL solid. Nice smooth look and built like tanks. Didn't see any replacements for the 1300 or the 2300 but i did notice that the 3300 is on closeout. not sure if that means a new model is comming out right away though.

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Evan,

i did notice that the 3300 is on closeout
Unusual as this receiver was just released. Perhaps Yamaha decided to go with the standard and started offering "2" back surround channel amps instead of "1".

After hearing the difference of having 2 as opposed to 1, when your sitting directly in front of it, I would never buy an upper end receiver without 2 amp channels for the surround back speakers. To me, 2 channels made a HUGE different because when sitting in front of the "1" back surround, information gets fuzzy and less defined.

Have a good one.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Mike, I thought it was strange too that it was on closeout. It may not have been tagged right or maybe it was just on sale though. I didn't really take a long look at it. Usually the only time tweeter puts receivers on sale though is when it goes on closeout. I agree with you about the 7.1 thing. That is my only beef with Yamaha, I whish they did 7 amps. It really wouldn't matter too much to me though because there is no way I could ever put all those speakers in my area. That is actually what made it a difficult decision for me between the Denon 3802 and the rx-v2200. Ultimately though it came down to sound which is the most important thing to me in a receiver.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I hope someday they fix the stupid fixed 90 Hz crossover. I love their DSP processing, but this is a show stopper for me.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
o.k., for the first one that I got to play with, the 740...
everythying the 730 has plus es dscrt(from the 440 and up) ,neo 6(also from the 440 and up) ,more level controls, more parameter controls, s-videovideo conversion, and 2.5 zones of audio ( when "a" speakers are shut off and "b" speakers are turned on, the "b"'s play a "virtual" version of whatever soundfield that the rcvr was left on while the "a" room shuts off center, surrounds AND sub!!) and zone 2 out.....
Sounds great too, and I was driving PARADIGM's...

RobCar

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew, can you explain a little more about 2.5 zones? What does this mean in terms of how many rooms you can play music in at the same time? Thanks --

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
unit has a zone 2 out ...the 1/2 zone is the "b" speaker option I discussed ,which plays the same source as mains but allows for "a" to be shut off completely....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks