What's new

Farscape Box Sets (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I've been hooked on this show for quite some time now and I just ordered the first season box set. I was curious if they planned on doing sets for the other seasons or just leaving it as is. my main reason for asking is cause I think it's a far better deal when I bought this set opposed too just buying it disc by disc. PLus you get the box.
THanks

Christopher E

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hijack your thread but...

Has anyone seen the Farscape Season 1 Box set anywhere in Canada, or are they just available in the U.S.?

Terry St

Second Unit
Has anyone seen the Farscape Season 1 Box set anywhere in Canada, or are they just available in the U.S.?
I haven't seen the Season 1 box set in any stores in Canada, but I believe www.dvdsoon.com carries it. It's probably expensive enough to qualify for free shipping in Canada.

However, if you have a region free PAL capable player, you might consider ordering them from Australia. They're something like $120 AUD, which works out to be cheaper than ordering them from dvdsoon even after the disgusting shipping fees.

As far as I'm concerned the remaining seasons can't come soon enough. I've missed a good number of episodes because of the way this show gets continually shuffled around on the one cable station I get that carries it.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
The only store I have seen this set in is at Cinema 1. They sell it for $179.99.

I keep hoping Future Shop will get it, because I'm sure it would be less expensive there if they ever carried it. But they've never carried it, although they supposedly had the "Best of Season 1" set. As well, FS hasn't got a new Farscape disc in since Vol 2.1.

Anyone know why the Farscape discs are so exceedingly rare in Canada?

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I suppose just cause there isn't a high demand for them. Plus, I'm finding that Future Shop is carrying more new releases and under $20 titles and the rest can not be found there. I used dvdpricesearch.com to find the best price for myself. I'm hoping by the time I'm done this set thought that a box will be announced for the other seasons. I think I'm saving a decent amount of Potch(money) by getting the box set.
Thanks

Freddie A

Auditioning
Love the show, but come on ADV Films. All they did was take the 6 seperate season 1 DVDs and through a slip case around them and then set the retail price at $149.00. 2 episodes per disc, good lord.

The X-Files was the first to set the standard. 4 episodes per disc, another disc full of extras, and cool packaging.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Love the show, but come on ADV Films. All they did was take the 6 seperate season 1 DVDs and through a slip case around them and then set the retail price at $149.00. 2 episodes per disc, good lord.
They didn't have a whole lot of choice on the two ep per disc. Farscape was apparently rather expensive to bring to home video, with all the fingers that are in the pie of that show. Probably would be easier for Fox, since they own the whole shebang. Also, the discs had some pretty decent extras on them, including comentary tracks.

I'm just glad the whole season is now available for a more reasonable price.

Jason

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If you look worldwide, regardless who's doing them they follow the same release pattern on Farscape as well.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Contender releases Farscape in the UK and they have 5 2-disc sets a years too, although the episodes per disc is different. Australia has Universal releasing it in full season sets only.

Terry St

Second Unit
The only store I have seen this set in is at Cinema 1. They sell it for $179.99.
Holy Ripoff Batman! DVDSoon has it for about $126.98 CAD with free shipping, and their prices, while good, typically aren't the cheapest. (They're usually competitive once you figure in shipping.) With prices that far outta whack that store had better be serving chilled oysters and prime rib at the door!

If you seriously have something against e-tailers then I suggest you just order it in at a store like A&B Sound.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
A&B Sound doesnt carry Farscape or other ADV titles to my knowledge. Ive tried many times to order Farscape or certain anime titles to find out they arent even in there system. I usually get my Farscape and ADV anime titles off CNL.com.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The initial releases of Farscape by Contender in the UK did not include any commentaries, but they have now released a Series 1 boxset (repackaged and really nice) which includes all the extras from the R1 sets. I expect they will release a Series 2 box soon after they have finished their Season 4 2disc sets

Terry St

Second Unit
Here's a link to one australian store that is now taking pre-orders for the Farscape Season 2 box set.

It appears to be scheduled for release on May 7.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's been a few months and Farscape Season 2 still seems to only be available as 5 2-disc sets. Any updates on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks