What's new

Speed Racer: LE (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
since the functionality of the search function is nonfunctional I am sorry to post a new thread on this topic.

Any early reviews of the following set that comes out in 2 wks?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm not speaking for anyone else (not Gord, not Ron, noone) when I say this:

I heard that, rather than sending out the proper retail package for this to review, the studio's intent was to simply send out the disc in a CD jewel case or envelope or something like that.

Most reviewers prefer to evaluate a retail package, with few special exceptions. In this case. if I was going to be the reviewer (I am not going to be, by-the-way), then I would be concerned with this for several reasons. First, the packaging is supposed to be so special, being made of a "rubber tire" slipcover and all that. There are also concerns about whether the content, quality, and general make-up of a disc that's not in the sealed retail packaging would end up to be identical to that of a retail-purchased set. Reviewers can look like idiots when something turns out to be different to 100% of the consumers!

So that sort of thing may affect whether or not you see reviews for this item prior to streetdate. If indeed it IS true that Artisan is just sending out screener copies in no-frills CD-type packaging, then folks may run out and buy their own copies to review.

Just my 2¢ worth.

And, for the record: At this time DVDBasen does NOT list any reviews for that item.

Don

Second Unit
ok how many speed racers are coming out. Best Buy is listing one that is a 120 minutes and looks like a diffrent cover. Don,

Don

Second Unit
but why two diffrent covers if there are two diffrent covers/dvds coming out. also anyone know if this will have a box to go with it. Don,

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's the same disc that was in the Speed LE set that came out last year.

No OSL, butchered, NO SALE!

Don

Second Unit
will we be able to get a box to keep them in just like the limited edition was. i'm glad i didnt buy last years set. i wonder how many people are upset for putting down $250.00 for the set Don,

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's the same disc that was in the Speed LE set that came out last year.
Speed and Speed Racer are two totally different things.

And the review copies of Speed Racer - mine, at least - came in the final retail packaging. I've never gotten anything other than retail from Artisan...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just received my screener today.

I always hated SPEED RACER, but if you guys
want me to review it, say the word and I will.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
our store just got our one sell though copy.
the slipcase is a standard type, open on the top and bottom, and made of paper.
the rubber is only on the front of the slipcase and the speed racer pick is also rubber.
no hole in the front that would reveal the dvd case.

just in case anyone was wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks